Pro Sites Website Going Down After Free Trial

Hello,

I have a user that received a website through the Free Trial period of Pro Sites. They paid for the website prior to the free trial expiring. Since then, their website has gone down twice, and they have received the notification that their subscription has expired. However, they have paid.

Can you please explain how the process works, and why this may be happening. I have attached a screenshot of their Pro-Sites account page. They have created a 3 month subscription now that should allow their site to be live until October 11, 2015. But, it also says that their next payment is due on July 18, 2015, why would this be the case?

They are very upset about the site continuing to go down after they have paid. How can I make sure it does not happen again.

Thanks,
Chris

• Adam Czajczyk

Hey Chris,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

There's been a new version of Pro Sites plugin release on July 1st (version number 3.5.0.4). If you haven't upgraded yet, could you please do it?

As for the issue. Did you confirm Pro Sites payment notifications with your PayPal account transaction logs? I think it would be good to make totally sure that there's been no accidental withdrawal from customer's site (it happens sometimes). Please advise!

I'd also like to take a closer look at your setup in order to further investigate the issue. To do this, I'd need to access your dashboard. That said, would you please grant me a support access using our WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin?

Please follow this guide:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Cheers,
    Adam

• Christopher

Hi Adam,

Thanks for the response. I have updated to the latest version of the plugin.

Do you mean the PayPal IPN notification? If so, I do confirm Pro Sites payment notifications with my PayPal account. This has been running fine for 3 years, but this account seems to be having some issues converting from the free trial to a paid subscription.

I have granted you support access. Please do not make any changes or edits without notifying me first. There are 200 clients on this platform who are all going to a big convention this week, so I don't want to make any changes that could effect their sites.

Thanks,
    Chris

• Adam Czajczyk

Hey Christopher!

Thank you for granting access. I took a look at your site's settings (didn't change a thing as you asked) and it seems that everything is setup properly. However, I've got a few thoughts and it would be great if you could give me some tips here:

1. There's no "Free Trial" enabled. Did you disable it? The site in question was supposed to be in trial mode first and then upgraded to a payed package.

2. The site in question was created on June 26th, assuming there was a trial period enabled back then (of 2 weeks) this would indeed make site active till October 11th and that's what Pro Sites says. However, there's a "Pay to Blog" module active and Pro Sites log shows that only the "initial payment" was made and it's possible that the subscription has been modified by user.

I'm asking this just to make sure how did it exactly came to such behavior. That said, would you please be so kind and describe step by step (with example dates, user actions and your actions) the case scenario of this issue so I could replicate it fully on my own sandbox?

Thanks,
    Adam

• Christopher

Hi @Adam Czajczyk,

Thanks for taking a look. Unfortunately, it looks like we have

1. Yes, I did have a Free 7 day Trial available, but I disabled it on July 11.

2. The user paid for their website prior to the free trial being over. But when the free trial ended the site did not seem to collect payment and then transfer over the a paid subscription site. The user received an email that their site had expired. They then went in and paid again on July 11 to activate their site. This turned their site on again, but it appears to have given them another 7 days, because the next payment date is July 18. I am hoping on this date that the 3 month funds they have paid for will go through and their website will remain live and finally on a subscription.

With all this said, I have another support ticket that may also help figure out the issue: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/new-pro-sites-expiring-after-one-day#post-914600. After I disable the free trial, and upgraded to the latest version of the Pro Site plugin, none of my paid subscription sites stay activated for more than a day. Please take a look at the screenshots in that ticket for more details.

Thanks for you help. I would really like to get this resolved asap. I am leaving for a convention this week with thousands of potential clients where I usually get a large amount of new signups for this website platform each year.

Chris

• Adam Czajczyk

Hey Christopher,

I hope you're well today and thank you for this explanation!

I've read your other thread and the issues seem to be related very closely. I've noticed that this other one has already been passed on to the plugin's developer so I'm adding this topic (and especially your recent post) to that report, hoping this will help the developer to identify the culprit here and provide a solid solution.

Please keep an eye on both these threads for further information and updates and I hope we'll resolve this as soon as possible!

Kind regards,
    Adam

• Christopher

Hi @Adam Czajczyk,

Thanks for checking in on this. Do you know if there has been any update on a solution yet. Unfortunately, I have had to shut of the registration for my site during the worst possible time of the year. This week is our annual convention where I get the majority of my new signups each year.

Please let me know if anything gets resolved asap. So I may be able to turn registration back on and salvage some sales before the week is over.

Thanks,
    Chris

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Chris!

As far as I'm aware this is still "on the table", meaning that the developer is looking for a rock-solid solution here.

I know that it's not only me who's following both your threads and who's engaged in contact with the developer, so I'm sure we should have some good news soon.

Either me or my colleagues we'll keep you updated "on the fly".

Thanks for your patience!
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.