Pro status didn't automaticaly renew itself

Hi,

My problem is that a subsite with Pro status didn't automatically renew itself.

Here are the logs in Pro-Sites about the client's subsite:

2015-01-22 5:33:51 mail d'expiration envoyé à xxxxxxxxxx
2015-01-22 5:33:50 Pro Site status has been withdrawn.
2014-12-22 1:28:05 Abonnement PayPal IPN « recurring_payment_profile_created » reçu. - xxxxxxxxxx
2014-12-22 1:27:55 Payment receipt email sent to xxxxxxxxx
2014-12-22 1:27:54 IPN PayPal "Completed" a reçu : paiement reçu 5,00 € express_checkout, ID de transaction xxxxxxxxxxxx
2014-12-22 1:27:47 Email d'inscription envoyé avec succès à xxxxxxxxxxx
2014-12-22 1:27:46 Pro Site status expiration extended until 22 janvier 2015.
2014-12-22 1:27:45 Création d'un abonnement par l'utilisateur via PayPal Express : abonnement créé (Créer Son Site Pro: 5,00 € EUR chaque mois) - ID de Profil : xxxxxxxxxxxx
2014-12-22 1:27:44 Création d'un nouvel abonnement par l'utilisateur via PayPal Express : Paiement initial réussi (Créer Son Site Pro: 5,00 € EUR chaque mois) - ID de Transaction : xxxxxxxxxx

I'm using the IPN forwarder created by Aaron.

Any idea?

Best Regards

• Arom77

Another problem is that the client can't even connect anymore to his backoffice.

His subsite is using Domain Mapping and I set this a plugin as a Premium plugin (= for pro users only, not free users).

He can't connect to his back office and the result is the same if he tries with the subsite url (subsite.creersonsite.net) or the mapped domain url (mappeddomain.com). For the mapped domain I think that makes sense, but I don't understand why he can't access to the back office of subsite.creersonsite.net

When he tries do log in he gets the following (see captures).

Front-office is OK though, on both subsite.creersonsite.net and mappeddomain.com (I guess it shouldn't work on mappeddomain.com, right?).

Thanks!

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Arom77, hope you're doing well today! :slight_smile:

In regards to the Domain Mapping issue, it'd be best if we were to deal with that in a separate thread, so that we can better focus on the issue with Pro Sites here.

Speaking of which:

My problem is that a subsite with Pro status didn't automatically renew itself.

I'm using the IPN forwarder created by Aaron.

Has this happened for this subsite only, or have others been affected? Have you checked the IPN History inside of PayPal, to see what's there? You can do this by going to:

My Overview -> History -> IPN History

As you're using Aaron's IPN Forwarder, there should also be IPN logs available on the site, as this part of the plugin code states:

Monthly IPN logs are saved to the /logs/ directory and may be pulled via FTP.

Could you please send in:

- Mark to my attention, the subject line should contain only: ATTN: Michael Bissett
    - Do not include anything else in the subject line, doing so may delay our response due to how email filtering works.
    - Link back to this thread
    - Include the IPN log history (both from PayPal & from the /logs/ directory on your site)
    - Include the present configuration details for the IPN Forwarder
    - Include any relevant URLs for your site

On the contact form, select "I have a different question", this ensures it comes through and gets assigned to me.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Oh, and could you update to the latest version of Pro Sites please? :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• Arom77

Hello @Ashok

On my main site, the time zone is UTC+1, whichi is my actual time zone as I live in France. The client lives in France too.

It also depends on the connection between paypal and your site. The system can't update until it receives information from paypal.

Yes but the problem is not here :slight_smile: The problem is that the payment inside paypal was triggerd several hours after the pro status expired.
    As soon as the payment inside paypal was done, the system updated and the pro status was immediately renewed.

Could the problem be related to a setting inside my paypal account?
    Or inside the client's paypal account?
    I just don't know where to have a look.

Cheers

• Patrick

Hey there @Arom77

I hope you're well today!

Would you please check the IPN history at your PayPal account and note the timestamp of the response returned to your site for the recurring payment. Then check that against the time the payment appeared in your account.

We do know that there is a PayPal takes up to 60 seconds to return a IPN response and send that to the server to be processed. We have an "in between" status built into our Protected Content plugin to handle that, so something similar may be going on here.

• Arom77

Hi @Patrick @Ashok

I think I found the "problem". The client's Paypal account was set to GMT-8 and my Paypal account is set to GMT+1, as is my site.
    The client set his account to GMT+1, so I guess next time the payment will occur BEFORE his pro status expires.

However, if tomorrow I've got a client that is actually living into a GMT-8 zone (for example), there will be a problem. What could it be?

Thanks!

• Ash

Hello @Arom77

Good finding :slight_smile:

So, your current client is living in GMT + 1 zone but his paypal was in GMT - 8?

However, if tomorrow I've got a client that is actually living into a GMT-8 zone

I think if the member lives in GMT - 8 zone, then it would not be a problem. But both of you will use the same converted time. To be sure, let me ask the developer @Aaron for his valuable opinion on this.

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.