Pro-Version Addon's Not Enabled

The Add-On options for "Pro-Version" are disabled and can not be enabled even though we have the pro-version.

We've had this problem in the past and whatever fix is applied to solve this, please make note of it so we can fix this ourselves in the future if it recurs.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Cagle Webmaster,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

This happens if an update is performed to the Membership 2 Pro plugin while WPMU DEV Dashboard and Membership 2 Pro plugin's are disabled. It's because there's also a free version of a plugin that's made available from WordPress plugin repository.

If WPMU DEV Dashboard is disabled and update performed, WordPress doesn't know you site should use a different version and is not able to connect to our API to fetch proper update. It's then updating from its own repository, as a result switching to the free version. The remedy to this is to make sure that WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin is enabled whenever updates to our plugins are performed.

To fix it now, please follow these steps:

1. Go to "Plugins -> All plugins" and disable Membership 2 plugin but don't delete it
    2. Make sure that WPMU DEV Dashboard is enabled
    3. Access the site via FTP and from "/wp-content/plugins/" folder remove the "membership" folder
    4. Download full Pro version of a plugin from this page (use gray "Download" link right below "Install" button):

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/membership/

5. Extract downloaded .zip file to your local storage
    6. Upload "membership" folder from inside extracted archive to the "/wp-content/plugins" folder of your site
    7. Go back to "Plugins -> All plugins" page and enable the plugin back.

That should revert it to the Pro version. Please make sure that WPMU DEV Dashboard is enabled during updates and that should not happen again.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Cagle,

That's strange, as long as WPMU DEV Dashboard OR M2 Pro are active the version number shouldn't be checked on wp.org and you shouldn't end up with free version.

I also tested this on my end just now and had no issues, older version of M2 Pro updated properly to latest pro version from WPMUDEV.

Since there are couple of ways to perform the update it might be related to that so could you tell us which method of update you used?
    #1 - By going to Dashboard > Updates panel and updating all the plugins from there
    #2 - Updating plugins one by one from default WP Plugins panel
    #3 - From WPMU DEV > Plugins panel
    #4 - From HUB section directly on WPMU DEV site

Also, did you update WPMU DEV Dash and M2 at the same time?

Please advise.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Cagle Webmaster

I was able to resolve the issue (for the Popup Plugin only) by manually deleting the plugin files, allowing Wordpress to deactivate it due to the missing files and then installing the plugin again from the WPMPU Dashboard.

I should note, deactivating and then uninstalling the plugin via the WPMU Dashboard or the WP Dashboard and then reinstalling the plugin did not resolve the issue.

Our problem with M2 persists as the Addons still have "pro-version" grayed out.

We need to add custom fields and Membership Attributes. Would be nice if these weren't blocked.

• Dimitris

Hey there Cagle Webmaster,

hope you're doing good and don't mind chiming in! :slight_smile:

I just inspected your website and noticed that you use both Pro versions for PopUp and Membership 2 plugins.
    I presume these issues were resolved by re-installing them.
    Please keep in mind not to deactivate WPMUDEV Dashboard plugin while updating our products, and if there are multiple updates, including the WPMUDEV Dashboard plugin, please try to update only the Dashboard first and then the remaining ones.

Let us know if further assistance is required here!
    Warm regards,
    Dimitris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.