problem adding image to an unit

Hi i have just purchased Cousepress PRO and im testing it on my site.
The issu is that i cant add an image from an url if it isnt inside page 1 in na certain unit.
I know this is strange but when i add an image through add media button in the page 1 of an unit it works fine, but when i do the same in page 2 or page 3 it just doesnt insert any image in the visual editor box. Can you help me fixing that?
Thanks
Tiziano

• Andre Foisy
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hi there @Tiziano,

Welcome to the WPMU Dev community, and thank you for contacting our support team with your question.

I hope you're having a great day! :slight_smile:

I'm sorry to see you are having this issue, however I can confirm you are doing nothing wrong :slight_smile:

Yeah, you're right, this is strange and I've been trying this myself on my lab site and I can confirm you've spotted a good one and I'm flagging the developer about this issue right now so he can take look and get a fix as soon as possible.

In the meantime, please do not hesitate to ask more help if you need any.

Best regards,
    Andre

• Marko Miljus

Hi @Tiziano,

sorry for the delay in response.
    I just want the confirm first what the issue really is.

So you're trying to add an image via Add Media button (Insert from URL) from within a unit element and it doesn't work?

Does it work with uploaded images?

Thanks,
    Marko

• Marko Miljus

OK, I've managed to replicate the issue. It seems that WP editor doesn't work well when it's created dynamically. So, the workaround would be to save the unit, then add the image from a URL.

Please confirm that it works that way until I found the solution for it.

Thanks,
    Marko

• Tiziano
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi Marko
    Yes it works when i use uploaded images. And it works if i insert an image through the cousepress blocks.
    But the problem is that i want to insert an image inside with the text block and when i insert through add media, from url, it changes the full url to a wrong relative url.
    I think it is not recongnizing the course,unit and page structure when it converts to a relative url.

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi there @Tiziano & @Marko Miljus

I hope you guys are having a great day!

Yup, I just confirmed that on my test install. I can add an image from a URL (using the Add Media button) in a text box on the first page of a unit.

But if I add additional pages to the unit with a text box on them, I cannot add an image to those text boxes using the URL.

The media editor finds the correct image and displays it on the Insert from URL screen, but it does not get inserted into the text box when Insert into post is clicked.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.