problem booking same timeslot for 2 different users

Hi,

I have spoken to Tom, WPMU DEV Support staff in depth regarding the problem and he has kindly asked me to ask you to kindly speak to him regarding this so he can pass on log in details etc.

We have designed a website for people to book a multi use games area that has two tennis courts which can also be used for football and netball.

What I require is for a member who wishes to book, to be able to do the following:

Tennis Court 1 + Tennis Court 2 (these can be booked independently)
Both Tennis Courts (no other bookings are then available for that time)
Netball (no other bookings are then available for that time)
Football (no other bookings are then available for that time)

Currently if a member books tennis court 1 - A user is unable to book tennis court 2 for that time period.

There is no cost to book a slot. Only a one off joining fee to the club.

Please find screenshots of the settings, the set up is identical to Toms test site but for some reason its not working.

Many thanks

• pxwm
    • WP Core Meltdown

Hi @Bojan Radonic - I hope you don't mind me making a suggestion.

Hi @Garry,

If I've understood your issue correctly and checking your screenshots would it be possible to change the Services capacity setting from '1' to '0' for all the Services and check to see if this resolves the issue.

Setting the Capacity value to '0' should limit the Services Time slot to the number of Service Providers that are assigned to that Service.

I hope this helps
    Regards
    SteveB

• pxwm
    • WP Core Meltdown

Hi @Garry,

Many thanks for the feedback and screenshots.

I notice from your screenshots that you are not showing the Service Provider selected.

Is it possible you could provide the shortcodes you are using in your appointments page?

Regards
    SteveB

• pxwm
    • WP Core Meltdown

Hi @Garry,

I think I can see what the problem is.
    As you don't have a shortcode for your Service Providers in the appointment page it is likely to be assigning any booked appointments to 'no staff' as 'no specific Service Provider' is being assigned the appointment or maybe it is assigning Service Provider 1 as the default.

Could you please try adding the following shortcode directly under your [app_services] shortcode

[app_service_providers empty_option="Please, select" autorefresh="1"]

You may also wish to revise your [app_services] shortcode to:-

[app_services select="Please choose a Service" autorefresh="1"]

As the autorefresh="1" parameter will automatically refresh the page when the Service is selected and the same when a Service Provider is selected.
    This will also remove the 'Show Available times' button so improving the process for the end user.

Then update the page

If this works you may wish to re-check the checkbox for 'Both Tennis Courts' again and test.

Saving settings

I hope this helps
    Regards
    SteveB

• pxwm
    • WP Core Meltdown

Hi @Garry,

Sorry to hear it still isn't working.
    Is it possible you could provide the url of the appointments page?
    I was hoping adding the shortcode would have resolved your problem.
    Unfortunately as I'm only a member of the forum I don't get access to your login details so it may be best if you wait for a staff member to check the settings.
    I'm sure this is just a setting issue and if you are happy to provide me with some further information then I'm more than happy to try and resolve.

If so could you please provide the following information:-

1) Screen shot of the 'General' page all settings
    2) Screenshot of the 'Services' page
    3) Screenshot of the Service Providers page for 'no specific provider' and all the Service Providers
    4) Screenshot of the Working Hours page for 'no specific provider' and all Service Providers.

5) Do you have any appointments in the reserved tabs? If so coudl you please delete all active appointments.

6) Could you also confirm if you have the cache set to 'Yes'? This can be located towards the bottom of the A+ 'General' tab settings.
    If it is set to 'Yes' could you set to 'No' and also tick the checkbox to manually clear the cache.
    Then try making an appointment for Tennis Court 1 and see if you can still book an appointment for Tennis Court 2 for the same time.

I appreciate you may have provided some of these before but I wanted to just check them based on your latest settings

Regards
    SteveB

• pxwm
    • WP Core Meltdown

Hi @Garry,

Many thanks for providing the additional information, very useful.

Having had an opportunity to review the screenshots I would appreciate if you could try the following:-

1) I've noticed in the Service Provider screenshot you have the 'Dummy' checkbox ticked for all Service Providers and in the 'General' tab you have the 'Assign Dummy Service Providers to: 'tinaloan' but I don't see any settings for this Service Providers.
    However if I've fully understood all your settings and your requirements I don't think you need this set so initially could you:-

un-tick all the 'Dummy' checkboxes in the Service Providers tab
    Then Save

2) Working Hours tab
    For 'no specific provider' could you set the 'Work' dropdown to 'No' for all days
    Then Save

3) Could you then remove any Confirmed or Reserved appointments

Could you then try making an appointment for Tennis Court 1 and confirm if you can also book an appointment for Tennis Court 2 for the same date/time.

I hope this helps
    Regards
    SteveB

• pxwm
    • WP Core Meltdown

Hi @Garry,

Many thanks for the update.
    I was hoping that was going to fix it :slight_frown:
    I would appreciate if you could confirm the following:-

1) When you book an appointment for Tennis Court 1 who receives the email notification that the appointment has been booked and confirmed?
    2) If you could also make an appointment for Tennis Court 2 in a free time slot and also confirm who receives the email notification.
    3) Could you also confirm who is setup as Admin - Is this someone different to any of the Service Providers?

Regards
    SteveB

• Garry
    • Flash Drive

Hi Steve,
    Please find answers below:
    1) When you book an appointment for Tennis Court 1 who receives the email notification that the appointment has been booked and confirmed? - I have set this to be my email add.
    2) If you could also make an appointment for Tennis Court 2 in a free time slot and also confirm who receives the email notification. -ME
    3) Could you also confirm who is setup as Admin - Is this someone different to any of the Service Providers? - Yes its another of my email adds.
    Many thanks

• Bojan Radonic
    • Head of Support

Hey there guys,

@pxwm thanks for trying to help Steve, I really appreciate it which is why I threw in some points for you for being awesome!

I've managed to recreate this on one of my installs with the same setup Garry has and to be completely honest I'm not sure what exactly is causing this behavior. What happens is when appointment is being booked on the same time slot for 2 different services (each having its own provider) by the SAME USER (very important) the second appointment is marked as busy so the same user is not being able to book it.

In a way this actually makes sense as the same user can't physically be on two appointments in the same time so I'm not sure if this is a bug or not which is why I forwarded this information to our developer so he can try to investigate this further.

For now you'll just have to instruct your users to use Both Courts if they need to book both of them. In cases where they do book one court and want the second too in the same time you'll have to cancel that booking and instruct them to use Both option until we see if there is anything we can do about this.

I'll update the thread once I have more information :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Bojan

• pxwm
    • WP Core Meltdown

Update - Hi @Garry - didn't see your new post until I had submitted mine. Would still be interested who receives the email confirmation notification

Hi @Bojan Radonic,

Many thanks for the update and great observation, and the points - much appreciate.

Hi @Garry,

Based on Bojan's observation would it be possible to login using a different member/user to confirm if the time slot is available for Tennis Court 2 and if so if they can book an appointment?

Also based on your last feedback and the settings in your 'General' tab I would expect the following to receive an confirmation email notification:-

1) The member/logged in user who booked the appointment for Tennis Court 1 Service should receive an email confirmation notification
    2) Admin should receive the same
    3) The Service Provider assigned to Tennis Court 1 should also receive.

I would appreciate if you could confirm and also if you can book the same date/time slot for Tennis Court 1 if you are logged in as a different user.

Regards
    SteveB

• Garry
    • Flash Drive

Hi Bojan,

That would be adequate in the short term but the problem we have is I have tried booking same slot for two different courts by two different users at the same time but this is not working for me either? If you are saying this works ok on your set up there must be setting somewhere on my site that is causing the problem. if this can be fixed then at least different users can book same time slot for court1+2 which would enable us to go live with the website.

Many thanks

• Garry
    • Flash Drive

Hi Steve and Bojan,

Further to this -
    Tennis Court 1
    Service provider: Tennis1
    Date and time: 26th January 2016 8:00 pm
    Booked by my test member1
    (email received by main site ADMIN and email received by unique service provider I set up, and email confirmed booking received by test member1

Tried to book as test member2 address but couldn't
    Tennis Court 2
    Service provider: Tennis2
    Date and time: 26th January 2016 8:00 pm - BUSY

Going crazy! any suggestions :slight_smile:

• Bojan Radonic
    • Head of Support

Hey agian @Garry

From what you've said here:

Currently if a member books tennis court 1 - A user is unable to book tennis court 2 for that time period.

I was under impression that this is related to the same user rather then different ones.

Also I've checked your site again via support access and I can see that there are missing providers now and that you're making some changes so I didn't want to make any further tests without your permission. Can you please let me know when you're done so I can check it out?

Please let me know :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Bojan

• Garry
    • Flash Drive

Hi Bojan,
    I've finished testing so please feel free to test now. Yes, the problem has always been not having the option for same user or a different user to be able to book same time slot for the 2 tennis courts. Apologies if this wasnt clear.

Please let me know how you get on.

Thanks!

• Bojan Radonic
    • Head of Support

Hey again @Garry,

I've installed beta version our developer made with few changes regarding to caching and reset your providers and services and everything seems to be working fine now.

I've managed to book 2 separate appointments with 2 dummy users I've created (both have Family Member user role) 2 for each service (Court 1 and Court 2), please see screenshot.

Can you please test and confirm? If everything is fine please remove my accounts from your site (usernames: bojan1 and bojan2).

Cheers,
    Bojan

• Garry
    • Flash Drive

Hi Bojan,

I'm absolutely thrilled you guys have fixed this for us. Thank you ever so much, it works brilliantly :slight_smile: Will I be able to update the plugin in the future or would you recommend I leave as is for now?
    One more thing...is there a way of hiding the service provider part, as highlighted in screenshot.

Thanks once again to you and @pxwm for great support and service!

• Bojan Radonic
    • Head of Support

Hey @Garry,

Awesome! Glad to hear that everything is working now :slight_smile:

I've removed the provider shortcode from your Make a Booking page as you already have only one per service so it gets selected automatically.

Regarding future updates you don't have anything to worry about as this is going to be included in the next plugin update as well so you're completely safe :slight_smile:

Have a great day!

Cheers,
    Bojan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.