Problem creating FAQ's Categories

Hi all, im trying to create FAQ's categories and when i submit a new category it doesnt create, also the only category listed is the default category.

I have deactivated all plugins and didn't fixed.

• Aicee Taguilaso
    • WordPress Warrior

Hi pedro_resina,

Hope you're well today! :slight_smile:
    I'm sorry that you're encountering that problem.

I could confirm there is a problem in creating FAQ categories on your site. So, I will flag the Second-Line Support ( coding experts ) to give their valuable input on this. They may response slower than normal because they fix advance issues.

Can you also please try enabling WP_DEBUG mode and debug logging? To do this, just go to wp-config.php include this:

define('WP_DEBUG',true);
    define('WP_DEBUG_LOG',true);

You might already have a line for WP_DEBUG, so just make sure it's set to true. This will create a log file under wp-content/debug.log with detailed information.

If you'd like to avoid end users seeing error messages, you can include this as well:

@ini_set('display_errors',0);
    define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);

This will prevent errors from being displayed, but you can still find them in the log file. For information on this, checkout this wpmu.org article.

Let us know what errors, if any, you are getting.

Also, can you check the JavaScript console for errors?
    In Chrome go to "View -> Developer -> JavaScript Console" and in Firefox you can go to "Tools -> Web Developer -> Console”

Find information about how to open JavaScript browser console :
    http://webmasters.stackexchange.com/questions/8525/how-to-open-the-javascript-console-in-different-browsers
    http://codex.wordpress.org/Using_Your_Browser_to_Diagnose_JavaScript_Errors

Let us know if there are JavaScript errors that you are getting.
    Thank you!

Regards,
    Aicee

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Pedro,

Hope you're doing well today!

I checked the js console when adding a new category and it shows me this:

[jquery.form] terminating; zero elements found by selector

That's coming from this file: /wp-content/themes/marketx/framework/js/jquery.form.js?ver=4.1.1

It appears to be happening on all your admin pages, so it may not be the issue, but just to be sure can you temporarily swap to the default 2015 theme and see if you can add categories after that?

Do you mind sending in your FTP? Then we can dig deeper into this :slight_smile:

You can send it through our private contact form:

Send in:

Subject: "Attn: Tyler Postle"
    -WordPress admin username
    -WordPress admin password
    -login url
    -FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    -link back to this thread for reference
    -any other relevant urls

Select "I have a different question" for your topic - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me :slight_smile:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Look forward to hearing back!

All the best,
    Tyler

• Hoang Ngo
    • Code Slayer

Hi @pedro_resina,

I hope you are well today.

I has fixed it, can you please check?

Also, this is a bug, so I will check with the developer about it too. I'm sorry for this inconvenience and many thanks for your patience here :slight_smile:.

If you have any issues please don't hesitate to let us know so we can assist

Best regards,
    Hoang

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.