Problem creating multisite

Just installed a new multisite. Because I prefer a subdirectory in stead of subdomain I changed line in wp-config to: sub-domain_install - false.

Now when I create a subdirectory in my multisite and go to the dashboard it gives a 400 error...

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi rhdawson,

To change your multisite setup from subdomain to sub-directory, you have to change the following define in your "wp-config.php" file:
    define( 'SUBDOMAIN_INSTALL', true );
    to:
    define( 'SUBDOMAIN_INSTALL', false );
    I believe you have done this successfully.

After this, you will have to open your ".htaccess" file and replace the current code there with the following:

# BEGIN WordPress
    <IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteBase /
    RewriteRule ^index.php$ - [L]

# uploaded files
    RewriteRule ^([_0-9a-zA-Z-]+/)?files/(.+)  wp-includes/ms-files.php?file=$2 [L]

# add a trailing slash to /wp-admin
    RewriteRule ^([_0-9a-zA-Z-]+/)?wp-admin$ $1wp-admin/ [R=301,L]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -f [OR]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d
    RewriteRule ^ - [L]
    RewriteRule  ^([_0-9a-zA-Z-]+/)?(wp-(content|admin|includes).*) $2 [L]
    RewriteRule  ^([_0-9a-zA-Z-]+/)?(.*.php)$ $2 [L]
    RewriteRule . index.php [L]
    </IfModule>
    # END WordPress

After that, you should be able to use sub-folders for subsites and I believe, this will resolve your issue.

Please let us know if you are having the same issue even after trying this. We will be glad to assist further.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi rhdawson,

This is really weird. I could tell you better about the issue if I could see it live, check your current configuration and make some tests on your site. Would you mind allowing Support Access so we can have a closer look at this?

To enable support access you can follow this guide here:
    http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Please confirm here when you are done granting Support Access. Also, can you send me message with cPanel access credentials through our secure contact form here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/ so we can access your file manages and also database if required?

Subject: "Attn: Rupok"
    - cPanel Username
    - cPanel Password
    - cPanel Login URL
    - Link back to this thread for reference
    - Any other relevant URLs

Select "I have a different question" for your topic. This and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me.

I'm looking forward to hearing from you and resolving this issue as soon as possible.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi rhdawson,

Thanks for sending your hosting panel credentials. I logged in successfully but I can't find the WordPress core files inside the File Manager. What I'm seeing is this:

Am I missing something? Can you please guide where we can get necessary WordPress files so I can check your configuration?

And regarding Support Access, I tried to login but it keeps loading and loading. My colleague Nasia also tried to login with Support Access and it's showing her that the site is under maintenance. Can you please take care of this so we can login and check your site configuration? And also provide us guideline regarding where we can check your WordPress files.

We will jump in as soon as you provide us these information. I'm looking forward to hearing from you and resolving this issue as soon as possible.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• rhdawson
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hai Rupok,
    It's unclear why the file manager is not showing the wordpress files. Ive also send you my ftp details. In my ftp you can see the wordpress files. I put the under construction now off the site so you can see my site now...

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.