Problem logging in after installation failed

We had the previous free version of WP Smush installed and signed up for a trial of the pro version. We tried to install WPMU Dev and it appears the installation didn't successfully complete. I was able to briefly see the plugin screen and went to try to update to the pro version of Smush and it would not download. I logged out of WordPRess and tried to log back into WPMU and when I entered the password and login the browser form started spinning and just returned to the main login and didn't give any errors or anything.

Could it could be a problem with WP Engine or WP Security?

We have WP Changes tracker installed and here is what it shows:
2017-03-08 03:54:31 option option: "wdp_un_last_run_updates" added, value: hide details 1488945271
2017-03-08 03:54:27 option wdp_un_autoupdate_dashboard deleted.
2017-03-08 03:54:27 option option: "wdp_un_autoupdate_dashboard" added, value: show details 1
2017-03-08 03:54:27 option option "wpmudev_apikey" updated:

It also looks like the free plug in is giving an api error also.

It's almost like something is blocking the installation. Any ideas?

Thanks,

• Predrag Dubajic

Hey Nathan,

Hope you're doing well today :slight_smile:

I just tested WPMU DEV Dashboard on my WP Engine installation but I was unable to replicate this issue so it doesn't seem related to that.

Can you enable debug log in your wp-config.php by replacing define('WP_DEBUG', false); with this code:

// Enable WP_DEBUG mode
    define('WP_DEBUG', true);

// Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
    define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', true);

// Disable display of errors and warnings
    define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);
    @ini_set( 'display_errors', 0 );

//Enable WPMU DEV Dashboard debug
    define('WPMUDEV_API_DEBUG', true);

Try to login again and this should create debug.log file in your wp-content folder that could tell us what is going on.
    Can you please save it as .txt file and attach it here so we can check it out.

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.