Problem make the Facebook share more public?

Hi

I tested Pay with a Like today on a page using facebook. When I opened my facebook account to see the share, I found that it is published restrcited ONLY ME. (see the attachment).

This doesn´t make sense to me. I want all my friends see the link shared and make itpublish to my updates.

How can we fix this?

thanks

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings laura_rodriguez,

Thank you for the screen shot which is greatly appreciated.

I admit I have never seen this before but what is the faded content in the center?

The entire title and content of the post? Of the protected areas?

I appreciate your wanting confidentiality but we will need to dig a lot further to figure out what is happening there.

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• Laura
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi Aecnu

Tha faded area is just the title and description of the link I´m sharing, because I have set i up to share the main page or the website, not the page where the user is actually on.

I tested with other accounts and this didn´t happen. The share is public.

This is just happening with my account. In my Facebook account, I don´t have any permission restrictions regarding applications. I double checked that,

I just need to say, that my facebook account is the Facebook admin of this website facebook app.

It is intended to work in this way?

Thanks

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings laura_rodriguez,

Thank you for letting me know what we were not seeing there and the answer works for me.

It is intended to work in this way?

I will let the Chief of this plugin determine if this is indeed the intended use siding on the side on not sticking my foot in my mouth.

Therefore I will see if I can get the lead developer in here with his invaluable insight into this plugin for his advice/advise for us.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

• Hakan
    • The Incredible Smush

Hi,

There is no specific setting in PWAL for that. In fact there is even no such a setting option for a Like button. It looks like Facebook somehow detects that it is your own website and does not allow liking your own website.

I tested with other accounts and this didn´t happen. The share is public.

If others can like your page and their likes are open to public, then there is no problem.

Cheers,

Hakan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.