Problem overriding M2P login link

With Membership 2 Pro enabled, go to yoursite.com/account page as a logged out user and then use "lost password" link below the login form. Go through the lost password procedure and after the password is reset you got a message saying that it's been reset and a "Login with your new password" link.

The goal is to override this link URL (not the text/label but URL) with our own defined URL.

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello Trevor

I am afraid this is not currently possible out of the box that I have added the feature in the code for the upcoming version.

For now, please go to /wp-content/plugins/membership-2/app/view/shortcode/class-ms-view-shortcode-login.php line no 580 and find the following code:

$url = esc_url_raw(
    					remove_query_arg( array( 'action', 'key', 'login' ) )
    				);

Add the following code after the above code:

$url = apply_filters(
    					'ms_sc_login_new_login_url',
    					$url
    				);

Save and close the file

Now you need to write some more code:

add_filter( 'ms_sc_login_new_login_url', function( $url ) {
        return 'YOUR CUSTOM LOGIN URL';
    } );

Change "YOUR CUSTOM LOGIN URL" with the original url. You can use this code in your theme's functions.php if the theme is not changed. Otherwise mu-plugin is the best option. To create a mu-plugin, go to wp-content/mu-plugins folder. If there is no mu-plugins folder then, create one. Now, inside the mu-plugins folder create file with name anything.php (make sure file extension is .php). Now start with a <?php tag and then put the above code.

About the changes in the core code, I will try to add the code in next release, but just in case if I can't, it must be added in later release.

Hope it helps! Please feel free to ask more questions if you have any.

Have a nice day!

Cheers,
    Ash

• Trevor
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Thank you Ash, this fix worked great!!!

I appreciate you finding the solution so fast. This was one of those weird things that could really impact the user experience should they need to reset their password.

I'm glad the developer will include this in the next release.

Thanks again,
    Trevor

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.