Problem to assign membership

Having problem assigning memberships to any user.

I'm getting the messages:

Warning: Creating default object from empty value in C:\wamp64\www\bitfarm\wp-content\plugins\membership\app\controller\class-ms-controller-member.php on line 401
Fatal error: Call to undefined method stdClass::save() in C:\wamp64\www\bitfarm\wp-content\plugins\membership\app\controller\class-ms-controller-member.php on line 404

• Daniel
      • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Maybe I got in the wrong place really, I'm new over here.

I'm really trying to assign from the dashboard, not programmatically.
      I don't know if it's beacuse some kind of incompatibility.

I'm now using Paid Membership Pro, and I need to transfer the users from there, when I select all the members and try add to a membership I get this error.
      Already tried to deactivate Paid Membership Pro, but didn't work.

I'm testing in localhost, not sure if it's a problem.

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello Daniel

No problem, I have moved to the correct category.

What happens if you try to assign to one member? Does it work by then?

Also, is it possible to transfer your site to a live site? In that case we could check the issue and troubleshoot if needed :slight_smile:

Let us know. Have a nice day!

Cheers,
    Ash

• James Morris
    • WordPress Enthusiast

Hello Daniel,

Given that you are running a production site, we definitely would rather not perform these tests there. You can learn how to create a staging site here.

Once you have setup your staging site for us to test on, would you please grant us access to your staging site and server?

Please visit the Contact page and complete the form with the following information:

Subject: "Attn: James Morris"

In the Message box, please provide the following:

- link back to this thread for reference
    - any other relevant urls

- Admin login:
    Admin username
    Admin password
    Login url

- Hosting Control Panel Login
    Admin username
    Admin password
    Login url

~OR~

- FTP credentials
    host
    username
    password
    (and port if required)

Best regards,

James Morris

• James Morris
    • WordPress Enthusiast

Hello Daniel,

I've replied to you twice via email but it seems you did not get those responses. Could you please check your Spam/Junk folder?

The access details you've provided are not working for me. I'm unable to login to your WordPress Dashboard or FTP. Could you please double-check the account settings and resend?

Best regards,

James Morris

• Daniel

I did get those messages saying the access wasn't working. And already changed the access details (login and pass) and sent to you by contact form.

I had typed wrong the login, but sent to you a new one in out 25th.

Don't you have any email where we can talk directly or skype, something like this?
      Because it's taking too much time to solve, I'm about to give up this plugin and buy Paid Membership Pro. I really want to test this one, but since I'm getting this erros I can't do it.

I need to put the website online today, unfortunately will do with the other plugin, but maybe if you can attend me quickly I can change before get too many members, I will still switch.

• James Morris
    • WordPress Enthusiast

Hello Daniel,

I received the updated details and tested those. They did not work either I'm afraid. I replied to that email as well.

I'm afraid we cannot connect via Skype. But we do have the Live Support option. If you would like to contact our team via Live Support and provide the details there and have our staff test to confirm they are working, they can then pass the details along to me. Just let them know this is for an existing ticket.

I'm terribly sorry for the delay in resolving this, but until I can access your site, I'm at a bit of a standstill on this issue. :slight_frown:

Best regards,

James Morris

• Daniel

Sorry, I know I must be annoying right now, but I really need the conclusion over this topic. Didn't get any replies from James or other.

It's been more than 1 week to solve this, I'm losing the trial and the will to use this plugin.
      Please give me some closure!

Thanks

• Ash
        • WordPress Hacker

Hello Daniel

We have got the correct login information two days ago and we have already sent the issue to our second level support team. Please note, they deal with more complex issues so it might be some delay. We appreciate your patience. Our SLS dev will reply you as soon the issue is fixed.

Have a nice day!

Cheers,
        Ash

• James Morris
    • WordPress Enthusiast

Hello Daniel,

I've been working through some more advanced debugging and found that even with all other plugins disabled this issue is occurring. I've pinged our SLS Team with these additional details as well as the correct FTP details you provided (thank you!) so that they can dig into this issue further for you.

Thank you for your continued patience while we sort through these issues.

Best regards,

James Morris

• Daniel

I think I solved the problem.

I'm using a custom theme and I used this line that was getting the error:

function custom_post_author_archive($query) {
    	//Add custom post type to author's archive
    	if ($query->is_author())
    		$query->set( 'post_type', array('analise', 'post') );
    }
    add_action('pre_get_posts', 'custom_post_author_archive');

Fot now I solved adding '!is_admin()':

function custom_post_author_archive($query) {
    	//Add custom post type to author's archive
    	if (!is_admin() && $query->is_author())
    		$query->set( 'post_type', array('analise', 'post') );
    }
    add_action('pre_get_posts', 'custom_post_author_archive');

I'll start to test the plugins today

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.