Problem Upgrading to 4.0 with Domain Mapping

I had an issue on another site when I was upgrading to WordPress 4.0. Basically, the update went OK, but when I got to the point of Upgrading the Network to update individual sites, the upgrade had an issue. Basically, I had to deactivate and then reactivate the Domain Mapping plugin and revalidate the domains. The site was keystoliving.com

Is there a known issue with Network Upgrade and Domain Mapping, or is there any other reported issues with upgrading to 4.0 with Domain Mapping turned on? Is there a workaround, like deactivating the plugin before upgrading? I just want to know before I upgrade my main multisite (this one, opticomsites.com).

• Tyler Postle

Hey Dan,

Hope you're doing well today and thanks for your question!

I just tested this out on my own installation with domain mapping and didn't have any issues. Everything upgraded as expected, including when I hit the "Upgrade Network" button after.

Was the site a subdirectory or subdomain? The one I just did was subdomain.

To be on the safe side you can always deactivate it then re-activate it after; however, this is the first I have heard of this issue so far (still early for 4.0 though).

Look forward to hearing back!

All the best,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.