Problem Upgrading to 4.0 with Domain Mapping

I had an issue on another site when I was upgrading to WordPress 4.0. Basically, the update went OK, but when I got to the point of Upgrading the Network to update individual sites, the upgrade had an issue. Basically, I had to deactivate and then reactivate the Domain Mapping plugin and revalidate the domains. The site was keystoliving.com

Is there a known issue with Network Upgrade and Domain Mapping, or is there any other reported issues with upgrading to 4.0 with Domain Mapping turned on? Is there a workaround, like deactivating the plugin before upgrading? I just want to know before I upgrade my main multisite (this one, opticomsites.com).

• Tyler Postle

Hey Dan,

Hope you're doing well today and thanks for your question!

I just tested this out on my own installation with domain mapping and didn't have any issues. Everything upgraded as expected, including when I hit the "Upgrade Network" button after.

Was the site a subdirectory or subdomain? The one I just did was subdomain.

To be on the safe side you can always deactivate it then re-activate it after; however, this is the first I have heard of this issue so far (still early for 4.0 though).

Look forward to hearing back!

All the best,
    Tyler