Problem with 256DB installation

I try to install 256db at my site. I read guild line and take action step by step. But i have problem in final step, It show :
Database Error: Access denied for user 'update_un0'@'localhost' to database 'update_global'
(update is my database name) or you can see at http://update.in.th/wp-content/scripts/move-blogs.php

Please suggest me to solve this problem or if you have any idea please advise me.

Thanks

• Mark de Scande
    • Syntax Hero

@metoo55 Welcome to WPMU DEF

First off Some stuff that you need to post here please or the guys wont be able to help you

db-config.php Just remove the pass words to the DB
    Server info and host if you can

The Err is:

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'Update'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /home/update/public_html/wp-content/scripts/move-blogs.php on line 64
    Could not connect to mysql

This is telling me that your DB User / Pass is not correct :slight_smile:

• metoo55
    • Flash Drive

Dear Mark de Scande and Barry, +1

This is my detail....
    1. Build DB and put in Phpmyadmin -> SQL --> Finished
    2. Changed db-config.php

- define ('DB_SCALING', '256');
    - add_dc_ip('203.150.225.1', 'dc1');
    - add_global_table('update_global');
    - add_db_server('global', 'dc1', 1, 1,'localhost','localhost', 'update_global', 'Update', 'tsob55');
    - add_db_server('00', 'dc1', 1, 1,'localhost','localhost', 'update_00', 'Update', 'tsob55');

3. Changed move-blogs.php

- ///DB Settings
    $dbname = "update_ud0"; //This is your current database
    $blog_table_prefix = 'wp_'; //Prefix of your wpmu blog tables, most likely this won't need to be changed
    $newdb_prefix = 'update_'; //This is the prefix of the db's you're moving your tables into - we assume they are all the same, if not, you're in trouble

//We need info to connect to the databases
    $dbhost = 'localhost';
    $dbuname = 'update_un0';
    $dbpass = 'iambuydee';

Now It still show.......
    Houston, we have a problem!
    Looks like you need to create your new db's! If you're lucky, this link still works - click me
    Database Error: Access denied for user 'update_un0'@'localhost' to database 'update_global'

• metoo55
    • Flash Drive

Dear Barry,

Thank you very much for your help. I try to change that you suggestion but it still show error.

1. - add_dc_ip('203.150.225.', 'dc1'); --> I cut 1
    2. - add_global_table('some_global_table'); ---> changed to default value
    3. This is my wp-admin.php

define('DB_NAME', 'update_ud0');

/** MySQL database username */
    define('DB_USER', 'update_un0');

/** MySQL database password */
    define('DB_PASSWORD', 'iambuydee');

/** MySQL hostname */
    define('DB_HOST', 'localhost');

/** Database Charset to use in creating database tables. */
    define('DB_CHARSET', 'utf8');

It try to recheck with move-blogs.php, it same. Or i have some mistake.

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Ok, remove line 2 unless you need to specify a global table, which at this point i suspect that you don't.

The next step is to see if that user account can log into each of the databases you have created. If it's a new user account that you have created and you haven't assigned it permissions to the databases then it won't be able to until you do so.

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Visiting that page ( I suggest you delete that file now) shows all green in the right hand column, so suggests that your transfer completed. It doesn't mention any sub-blogs tables though, are there any sub-blogs in existence on your install? Or is it a fresh one?

• Mark de Scande
    • Syntax Hero

@metoo55 It looks like it worked :slight_smile:

the err Warning: mysql_free_result(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/update/public_html/wp-content/scripts/move-blogs.php on line 141

Has been a bug for a long time but you can ignore it :slight_smile:

Well done getting Multi DB sorted :slight_smile:

• metoo55
    • Flash Drive

Thank you very much Barry and Mark de Scande,

I hope it complete (don't have any error inside :stuck_out_tongue:). Final question....

1. What file or directory that i should delete after finished?
    2. I go to my cPanel, It show 1 database in stat and go to My SQL database, it show old my database. Is ti normal or something wrong. How make sure i have 256db for WP Multi Site?
    2. I try create new sub domain it is http://blog.update.in.th/. Do you think, is it ok?

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

What file or directory that i should delete after finished?

Delete the move-blogs.php file

I go to my cPanel, It show 1 database in stat and go to My SQL database, it show old my database. Is ti normal or something wrong. How make sure i have 256db for WP Multi Site?

I assume you did create the 256 databases before running the move-blogs.php script? Do they show in your phpmyadmin?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.