Problem with adding/changing services in Appointments+

I've discovered a behavior in Appointments+ that, while not technically a "bug", is a bit annoying. If there's anyway to eventually fix it in future version that would be great.

I use Appointments+ for a tutoring center that I direct. I have several "tutorial types" which are my "services." I have one type labeled "other" which is meant to be a catchall for students who need tutoring on a topic that isn't listed. I want this "other" service to be the last one in the drop-down list that students see when they fill out the form, so I simply list it as the last service on the "Services" tab in Appointments+ settings.

However, I periodically add new tutorial types, and when I do, I have to essentially delete "other" and recreate it as the last service.

That's not such a big deal, and I don't mind doing it, but the impact is that any existing tutorials (upcoming or completed) that were for "other" end up being tutorial for whatever the new service is that took it's place. Right now, as my Center is just opening, it's not a big deal for me to deal with this shifting by editing appointments manually, but I'm concerned that eventually this could get trickier as I have more and more entries -- particularly for completed appointments. For record-keeping, having the appointments listed with the correct service is very important.

If it could be possible to order the services in the appointment form differently (even manually) that would be great. Otherwise, it would be nice if a service always had the same ID, but I could reorder them in the settings page.

I've attached a couple of screenshots to show what I mean.

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Ryan, hope you're doing well today! :slight_smile:

That would require a fair amount of custom development presently I'm afraid, but I'd be more than glad to move this over to the Features and Feedback section on the forums, so that others can vote on this being considered for a future release.

It'd definitely be neat to be able to rearrange services in a different way (e.g. drag-and-drop rearrangement). :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• pxwm

Hi @Michael Bissett - I hope you don't mind me making a suggestion.

Hi @Ryan

We resolved a similar issue by creating a 'Services' page.
    On the page we provided a description of each 'Service' and then added a button that not only selected the 'Service' but also the 'Service Provider'.
    This then automatically populated the 'Service' and 'Service Provider' dropdown and navigated the client to the Appointment page and displayed the correct schedule.

You could then remove the 'Services' and 'Service Provider' shortcodes from the Appointment page. If the client needed to book a further appointment or choose a different option then there was a link back to the 'Services' page.

The main benefit of this approach is that you wouldn't have to keep removing the 'Other' Service and the appointments already booked for 'Other' would be retained.

We achieved the above by writing some bespoke code in php
    The bespoke code also automatically created a new button on the 'Services' page for each new 'Service' added to A+.

I hope this helps
    Regards
    SteveB

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.