Problem with buddypress calendar??

I just wanted to make aware that when I installed the Buddypress corporate theme, buddypress calendar plugin then installed buddypress I got this error:

Fatal error: Class 'BP_Group_Extension' not found in /home/content/20/11461520/html/staff_intranet/wp-content/plugins/bp-group-calendar/groupcalendar/bp-group-calendar.php on line 103

did I do something wrong? How do you recover from this? or is it easiest to just reinstall and start over (for future reference)?

I deleted the file and started over. But still curious to previous question.

Thank you

• Todd
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I was only using the wpmu buddypress corporate theme. I installed buddypress AFTER
    the calendar plugin and the theme. I wonder if that mattered, but didn't think it should matter. please keep me posted, thanks for your help!!!

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there Todd,

Thanks for the additional information, with regards to the original issue, I can't replicate this, In BuddyPress > settings > do you have the user group component active? As this plugin is for use with user groups.

On the other issue with a theme, you basically need a theme that looks that and then you add functionality with plugins?

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Todd
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

would it matter that it's on a subdomain? ( intranet.mysite.com)

I don't know if that setting was ticked/checked. I will try again and check.

The order that I installed everything was first the theme, then calendar, then buddypress, I am thinking this might be the prob. I am going to install the calendar last this time.

As for the intranet site (google sites) the simplicity and functionality is great. I wouldn't care if it were a mix of plugins and theme or just a theme with all functionality built in.

I know that a lot of people are searching for a great intranet theme/platform (from what i've read online), but none for wordpress currently exist.

• Todd
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Nope not figured out., just installed WP, then installed buddypress plugin, then calendar then poof!

Fatal error: Class 'BP_Group_Extension' not found in /home/content/20/11461520/html/intranet/wp-content/plugins/bp-group-calendar/groupcalendar/bp-group-calendar.php on line 103

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @Todd

Thanks for the additional information, no it shouldn't matter that it's on a sub domain :slight_smile:

Can you send through some FTP and WP admin login details, if that is okay with you please send to contact(at)wpmudev.org with the subject line Attn: Jack Kitterhing

Kind Regards
    Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.