Problem with Coursepress Pro Shortcodes

Hello Support,

I have created 3 demo courses with Coursepress Pro on my website http://mahadum360.com
I am trying however to display these courses in 3 colums on the homepage to no avail.

I need to display the featured image of the course, title, short description, price and an Enroll button in each of the 3 columns

The shortcode below is supposed to work but it just shows the ENROLL button and nothing else.

[course show="title,summary,cost,button" course_id="5"]

What am I doing wrong?

Secondly how do I know the ID of a particular course.

Waiting for a reply soonest

• Luís

Hi Adika King ,

Hope you're doing well today!

Maybe you are missing the course ID, which it's required to the shortcode retrieve the informations. So, firstly, you can check the course ID hovering the mouse over the course in the Course list (CoursePress -> Courses) and checking the URL:

Other option is check the URL too when you are editing a course:

So, after get the proper course ID, you should be able to display all the informations. Just a note, to display the title you need to add another required parameter ("show_title"). So, your shortcode should be similar to:

[course show="title,summary,cost,button" show_title="yes" course_id="5"]

I hope this information has been helpful. If I can help you in this or other questions, please let me know!

Cheers, Luís

• Adika King

Hi Luís, thanks for your response. you were most helpful.

While solving those issues though I came accross another issue.

When a user clicks on the ENROLL button, the page reloads and the text on the button becomes "DETAILS". But when I clik the button again, nothing happens.

I want this button to take me to the individual course page to either start the course immediately, or be informed for when it will be commencing.

I hope you can help with this as fast as you helped with the others

Thanks

• Luís

Hi Adika King ,

Hope you're doing well today!

Firstly, sorry for the late reply and all the problems it may have caused.

I tried to replicate the issue on my install but I was unable. Can you give me access to your admin panel, so I can check your settings and try replicate them in my install?

If you don't already know, please, follow the link below, to see how enable the staff login:

http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

When you enable this option, please post again!

Cheers, Luís

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.