Problem with coursepress pro units doesnt show

Hello,

We created whole test course and and published live units but they doesnt show on page at all.

Not in preview or at live pages.

Please help,

Milos

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Milos,

I hope you’re well today and thank you for your question!

I reviewed your site and although I can confirm the issue I don’t see any “unusual” setting there. In my opinion this is caused by either a theme or a plugin conflict so running a full theme/plugin conflict test would be an essential step here.

Could you please follow the steps from the flowchart in this article:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

This should let you identify the main culprit which I should be able to further investigate then and hopefully provide you with a solution.

Let me know about the result of a test, please.

Best regards,

Adam

• Milos
    • New Recruit

I did steps with wordpress and problem is with theme.

But dont know where to search. We had some problems with slugs but they seems ok.

Strange is that until units section everything works great. It shows course. Then I can start learning and when it switches to /units/ directory everything is missing.

• Milan
    • WordPress Wizard

Hello Milos

Please enable debug mode for your site. Open your wp-config.php file which you can find in your site’s root folder. Add this line,

define('WP_DEBUG',true);

You should already have a line for WP_DEBUG, so just make sure it’s set to true.

Try to view unit page one more time and let me know what you see there.

Kind Regards,

Milan

• Milan
    • WordPress Wizard

Hello Milos ,

Hope you are well today and thanks for enabling debug mode.

This is just notice so it could not be real issue. I think in your case we will need to override some core unit templates from plugin to your theme. Just one note here is that, our CoursePress Pro supports every well coded theme which follows WordPress standards. But in your case, it seems that theme is not compatible with WordPress standards.

So if that’s okay to you, please keep your support staff access open, do not change currently active theme and send me in your ftp and wp admin credentials. So that I can test these things on my end.

If there would be easy fix available for theme, I will provide you here otherwise you’ll need to contact theme developer to make their theme compatible to WordPress standards. :slight_smile:

You can send the info through our private contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Select “I have a different question” for your topic – this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me :slight_smile:

Send in:

Subject: “Attn: Milan Savaliya”

-WordPress admin username

-WordPress admin password

-login url

-FTP credentials (host/username/password)

-link back to this thread for reference

-any other relevant urls

Once we have this information then I can debug the issue further :slight_smile:

Look forward to hearing back!

Best Regards,

Milan

• Milan
    • WordPress Wizard

Hello Milos

Thanks for sending me requested credentials. :slight_smile:

So finally its turns out as Plugin Conflict !!

I've just deactivated all other plugins except CoursePress Pro to test how it goes for some time and Units started showing up again. Please take a look at this screenshot. :slight_smile:

So please take down Plugin Conflict test one more time on your end to find culprit. You can know more about plugin conflict test in our this support manual. :slight_smile:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

Cheers,

Milan

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Milos,

Unfortunately developer I’ve pinged in the thread you linked above has left WPMU DEV and that thread slipped through cracks.

I did have a chat with developers now and it looks like the issue is related to Groups plugin itself and the use of capabilities within it.

If you could get in touch with Groups plugin developer about this issue and get some more info from him I’ll gladly forward it all to our developers so we can work together on finding a solution for this.

Best regards,

Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.