Problem with CoursePress Pro v2 registration with new account user

Subsite: essentialoilsacademy.vitalityadvocates.com
Course: essential oils 101

I am finding that when someone clicks on the enroll now button and they are not logged in they are correctly getting the login/register popup (good). However, when you complete the registration form, the "Successfully enrolled" message box has a link to "start learning", however, the page is not recognizing that they are logged in and the "enroll now" button is still displaying. If you click on the "enroll now" button again and put in the new user credentials, it is not logging the user in. The only way that it sees the user logged in is when you use the admin bar login.

• James Morris
    • WordPress Enthusiast

Hello antKat,

I hope you are well today.

I checked your registered sites and unfortunately, I'm not seeing the site you referenced listed.

The symptoms you described sound consistent with the effects of a caching plugin. Are you, by chance, running a plugin like WP Fastest Cache or W3 Total Cache?

Also, in order to help you better with your issue, would you please grant me access to your site?

You can learn how to grant WPMU DEV Support Access at the following link:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Please reply back here once you've enabled access so I will be notified.

Best regards,

James Morris

• antKat
    • HummingBird

Hi James, thank you for a quick response. I have granted access.
    The network site is: vitalityadvocates.com
    The subsite is: essentialoilsacademy.vitalityadvocates.com
    I do not have a cache program running but I do use Cloudflare. I also have Hummingbird activated but have not really configured it yet.

• James Morris
    • WordPress Enthusiast

Hello antKat,

If you are running Cloudflare, this very well could be the source of your problem.

As a little experiment, could you please put your site in Development Mode in Cloudflare and clear all caching? Then, see if you can reproduce the symptoms with Cloudflare not caching your pages. If the symptoms persist, then it is a deeper problem. If not, then you will need to exclude the CoursePress pages in your Cloudflare configuration.

Best regards,

James Morris

• James Morris
    • WordPress Enthusiast

Hello antKat,

What you will want to do is log into Cloudflare and go to the Page Rules setting.
    Click Create Page Rule
    Enter the following URL: https://essentialoilsacademy.vitalityadvocates.com/courses/*
    Click Add Setting
    Select Cach Level
    Set to Bypass
    Click Save and Deploy

See screenshot:

This will disable caching on all pages under the courses/ slug, which includes your Enrollment pages.

I hope this clarifies a bit.

Best regards,

James Morris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.