Problem with Inventory after MarketPress upgrade

Hi, I upgraded the install of MarketPress this morning and I am now having issues with it. There are some products on the site that need inventory tracked and other that don't and up until now this hasn't been a problem but since this morning, when an item that has the inventory tracking switched off is ordered, it changed the product status to "Draft" and removes it from public view. Please can someone help me fix this problem because I have to keep going back and changing the status of the product to "Published" so that it will display publicly.
Thank You.
Linda

• Linda

Oh come on......can some one please help me with this continuing issue or at least let me know that someone is looking into to it for me!!!!!! What's the point of paying over $400 a year for supposedly 24/7/365 unlimited in "minutes" support when no one has even bothered to answer me for well over 24 hours! I don't need to ask for support very often but when I do I at least expect to get what I am paying for and what's clearly stated on your website.

Can I get some help......PLEASE!

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there Linda,

Hope you're well today! :slight_smile:

Please be aware that we do deal with multiple threads daily and have varying time zones, we also have a couple of staff members away at the moment due to a family bereavement and illness.

I've taken a look at the issue on the site and all your settings are good, I made a test order and can see that the status is changed from published to draft as soon as you click "confirm payment". I've been trying to replicate on my own site. But haven't been able to.

Can you send me the following please so I can take a closer look at the install.

- In the subject field add "Attn: Jack Kitterhing"
    - Link back to this thread
    - Include admin/network access
    - Include FTP
    - Include any relevant URLS for your site

On the contact form, select "I have a different question", this ensures it comes through and gets assigned to me.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Linda

Hi Jack, thank you so much for your reply. I'm sorry to hear about the staff members who have suffered a family bereavement and illness and I understand about the different threads and time zones etc but your site clearly states "Spectacular WordPress Support Our members receive spectacular support with a lightning-fast response rate" and "24/7/365 Support Unlimited support in minutes" and as I hadn't heard anything back for over 24 hours I was starting to get very frustrated.
    Sorry if I came across a bit cranky but I waited up nearly all night last night waiting for a reply and I am a bit tired today.

I have sent you the information you have asked for above so hopefully you have already received it. Please let me know if there is any other information you need and I will get it to you asap.

Cheers
    Linda

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there Linda,

The Bullet proof security wouldn't be me, that was there earlier, I presumed it just hadn't been setup yet. :slight_smile:

I did see the wp-config.php is outside the public_html, was there any specific reason for that?

But error wise, I found this in your error log

[29-Oct-2014 08:04:59 UTC] WordPress database error You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '-39, 39' at line 1 for query SELECT DISTINCT nwmr_ngg_pictures.* , GROUP_CONCAT(CONCAT_WS('@@', meta_key, meta_value)) AS 'extras' FROMnwmr_ngg_picturesLEFT OUTER JOINnwmr_postmetaONnwmr_postmeta.post_id=extras_post_idWHERE (pidNOT IN (132,98)) AND (exclude= 0) AND (galleryidIN (1)) GROUP BY nwmr_ngg_pictures.pid ORDER BY ABS(sortorder) ASC,sortorder` ASC LIMIT -39, 39 made by require('wp-blog-header.php'), require_once('wp-includes/template-loader.php'), include('/themes/twentytwelve/page-templates/full-width.php'), get_template_part, locate_template, load_template, require('/themes/twentytwelve/content-page.php'), the_content, apply_filters('the_content'), call_user_func_array, M_Attach_To_Post->substitute_placeholder_imgs, C_Displayed_Gallery_Renderer->render, ExtensibleObject->__call, ExtensibleObject->_exec_cached_method, ReflectionMethod->invokeArgs, Mixin_Displayed_Gallery_Renderer->render, C_Display_Type_Controller->index_action, C_Display_Type_Controller->__call, ExtensibleObject->__call, ExtensibleObject->_exec_cached_method, ReflectionMethod->invokeArgs, A_NextGen_Basic_Thumbnails_Controller->index_action, C_Displayed_Gallery->get_included_entities, ExtensibleObject->__call, ExtensibleObject->_exec_cached_method, ReflectionMethod->invokeArgs, Mixin_Displayed_Gallery_Queries->get_included_entities, C_Displayed_Gallery->get_entities, ExtensibleObject->__call, ExtensibleObject->_exec_cached_method, ReflectionMethod->invokeArgs, Mixin_Displayed_Gallery_Queries->get_entities, C_Displayed_Gallery->_get_image_entities, ExtensibleObject->__call, ExtensibleObject->_exec_cached_method, ReflectionMethod->invokeArgs, Mixin_Displayed_Gallery_Queries->_get_image_entities, C_Image_Mapper->run_query, ExtensibleObject->__call, ExtensibleObject->_exec_cached_method, ReflectionMethod->invokeArgs, C_CustomTable_DataMapper_Driver_Mixin->run_query
    `
    Related to next gen gallery, I matched my order time to one of those errors, it's possible this is corrupting a serialized array in the database causing the resetting of the post status.

Can you try disabling Next Gen Gallery and see if that has any impact? Also we have just released a new update to MarketPress which fixes a few issues.

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Linda

Hi Jack, thanks for the info re Bullet Proof. It had been set up but it was recently upgraded so I guess that might be why the warning was coming up.

As for the wp-config.php file, I moved it one directory up from the WordPress install as per the WordPress documentation on hardening the install - "Securing wp-config.php
    You can move the wp-config.php file to the directory above your WordPress install. This means for a site installed in the root of your webspace, you can store wp-config.php outside the web-root folder." Is that not the right thing to do??

I just did your suggestion of deactivating NextGen but sadly it didn't make any difference. The status of the product I ordered was changed to "Draft" as soon as the order was confirmed even with NextGen deactivated.

Can you please let me know how I can install the new update with the fixes you mentioned? Normally, when a new version is available, there is an update notification but there isn't one showing for MarketPress. How do I manually upgrade the install if it isn't showing up in the available updates section.

Thanks for your continued help with this problem, I hope it can be fixed soon. In the meantime, now that you have seen the problem, is it ok for me to add stock limits to the products that don't have them already so that I don't have to keep going and resetting their status to Published or would you not recommend doing that?? it's just that I have to spend the day away from the computer tomorrow and I don't want the products to disappear if an order comes through. (hope that makes sense!).

Cheers
    Linda

• Ella

Hi I have the same problem after the update and also after the latest update.

When somebody purchased a product the status change to "draft" They are also not able to download it and the product disappear from the listing .
    I only upgraded http://ellad2.com/nl (dutch version)and there is where the problem is. The other 4 installations (languages) with the previous version are working fine.

Ella

• aristath

Hello again @Linda and @Ella, (nice to see you again here Ella),

We can't replicate this on our own installations, however now there's the 2 of you plus another member with this issue, so it's safe to assume that there's something in common that triggers this issue.

I have marked this thread as a confirmed bug and notified the plugin developer about it, we should know more about it as soon as he gets back online.
    In the meantime, could you both just enter a large number like 999 on the inventory for these products so that your stores can continue functioning without any issues until we get this one resolved?

Cheers,
    Ari.

• Jonathan

Hi @Linda,

Yes, you can skip that step that Ari suggested. I just pushed an update so if you login into your WP admin and go to WPMU DEV > Updates you should see the update there for version 2.9.5.6. If you don't see it, there's a link at the bottom of that page that says "Update Now" - clicking that should refresh your list and you should be able to see that update.

Please let us know if these patches fix things for you!

• Ella

Hi @aristath,

Good to "see" you again.

Because I am only selling digital products I never work with inventory.

The latest update changed the settings under Store settings ->General settings->Miscellaneous settings->Hide Out of Stock Products
    This will set the product to draft if inventory of all variations is gone.

This was changed from no to yes.

To put this again to "no" my problem is solved.

Ella

• Linda

Hi again Jonathan, I just placed a dummy order after upgrading to the latest version and it all worked perfectly!!!

Thank you so much, I can relax now knowing I don't have to keep going back and changing the product status each time an order was placed.

Thanks again for your help, and please thank Ari and especially Jack for me too as I was a bit tired and cranky the other day and he dealt with my bad mood very diplomatically!!

Cheers
    Linda

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.