Problem with Membership 2 Pro failing to assign multiple custom user role

Hello
Problem with Membership 2 Pro failing to assign custom user role- I have used membership 2 plugin and user role editor plugin and i have all ready customize both of plugin and i have create many membership and many user role and i have fix particular user role for particular membership. now
I want when user registration for any membership so set custom user role its working but my issue is when user choose multiple membership or join membership ,then user role is update but previous user role are removed so i want when user choose multiple membership so set a multiple custom user role
for ex- i create two free membership and create free two user role first developer second designer when user registration for free membership so set a user developer role and when choose or join other membership then set a both of role developer and designer.
so are you solve these problem please tell me hurry up i am waiting ok

• Denitsa

Hello adt,
    I hope you're doing good and thanks for reaching us!

I am not sure I understand correctly: you'd like to have the possibility for one member to join ONE membership, but have multiple roles based on their PREVIOUS membership and you'd like that only for FREE memberships? Please advise!

You can activate the Member Capabilities add-on from Membership 2 -> Add-ons, instead of using a third-party plugin if you'd like. Now you will see another tab in Membership 2 -> Protection Rules -> User Roles. Here you can assign each user role (except administrator for security reasons) to one or multiple memberships.

Would you like the user to have two memberships for example? If that's so the Multiple Memberships add-on can be activated from the Membership 2 -> Add-ons section. When you have that add-on enabled you can assign multiple memberships to your users, and users are able to subscribe to multiple memberships at the same time

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Regards,
    Denitsa

• Sajid

Hello adt,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

I am sorry but I don't think it is possible at the moment. Since Membership 2 Pro uses default WordPress user role and privileges system that does not allow having multiple user roles at once.

This system works according to levels from 1 to 10. In this system, user with level 5 can do every thing a user with level, 1, 2, 3 and 4 including its own specific permissions. Same goes to Level 10 that can do every thing.

So using the roles for multiple memberships is not a way to go here. Instead, I would suggest you use capabilities for this purpose to allow access on multiple areas of Dashboard depending on their multiple membership level.

To assign capabilities, make sure you enable Advanced Capability protection option from Membership 2 -> Add-ons -> Member Capabilities.

This will replace User Roles tab with Capabilities in Membership 2 -> Protection Rules.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid - WPMU DEV Support