Problem with Membership 2 Pro login.

While login with front end member logged in successfully but they don't remain logged in. Redirect sends the user to the proper page, but the user's credentials are not recognized so the [ms-protect-content] shortcode doesn't let them see the members area of the Welcome page, it just shows the login form. Please help.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Jim

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I tried to replicate the issue on my own setup but I wasn't able to. I would like to check that on your site but it seems that the support access to it has either been revoked or it just expired. Could you please enable it again for me?

To do this, please go to the "WPMU DEV -> Support" page in your site's back-end, click on "Grant support access" button and let me know here when it's open.

I'll then access the site and investigate the issue.

Kind regards,
    Adam

• Jim

Hey thanks for checking back with me. The login seems to be working just great now. But now that members can log on there is another bug that is now apparent.

The Membership 2 Pro permalink named [ms-membership-logout] message doesn't show the member name in the message for non admin members. For me (I'm an admin) it says:
      "You are logged in as <member name>. Logout"
      Instead it says:
      "You are logged in as. Logout"
      The member name is missing.
      Is there a Membership Pro setting that I missed?

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Jim

The [ms-membership-logout] shortcode should give a "You are logged in as USERNAME_HERE. Logout" message for all the users that are logged in to the site, even if they are not members of any membership.

The other option is a shortcode returning nothing (no message, no logout link) but that's only for visitors (not logged-in users). It looks then like it's not able to pickup a username for some reason.

Was it working before and just stopped or it's not working from the start? Do you have any additional plugins that might affect/interact with either user roles or user profiles or user capabilities/permissions?

If you wouldn't mind enabling the support access for me anyway, I'd be happy to test that on your end and investigate why it is happening.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Jim

Hey Adam,
    Still getting used to the Support system and only saw this message after coming back here to report a different problem (PayPal Standard Gateway not billing after the free trial period expires). The support access is re-enabled. Hope you can help resolve either one or both of these issues. Getting close to decision time for me for continueing with the use of Membership 2 (so far I like the functionality if we can just get past these 2 issues

Thanks

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Jim

Thank you for granting access.

I went to the site and created myself a subscriber account via back-end (via support access). I've then opened the site in separate browser (when I wasn't logged in) and went to "Members Area", I was able to login there.

Of course, I had no access to any protected content but it didn't seem to log me out. To test it further I've assigned a "Gold" membership to my user account and set it to active and then kept browsing the site.

I must say there was no logouts and I was able to access every "Gold Member Content" link without being kicked out of the page, no login forms etc.

I'm not sure, however, if the site is set as it was during the chat, currently. Theme is Twenty Seventeen, there's no redirect upon login to any "welcome page" that you mentioned (unless you mean /account page? If so, that's working) - is the proper setup? I"m asking only because I wouldn't want to miss anything :slight_smile:

Also, I assume you have tested this with some specific user - which one was that? If you could also provide me with login and password for some user(s) that you're experiencing the issue with, it would be helpful. To provide those credentials safely, please go to the "WPMU DEV -> Support" page in your site's back-end and simply put them in a text note area below the "Access active for 4 days" green button (that message won't be published anywhere, it will stay within the site) and let me know here when it's done, please.

Kind regards,
    Adam

• Jim

Hey Adam,
    I don't know what issue you are referring to above. One of the open issues now is that when a user is logged in their user name isn't being displayed by the [ms-membership-logout] shortcode.
    1. The message should say "You are logged in as <username>. Logout."
    2. The message erroneously says "You are logged in as. Logout." (username is missing)

The [ms-membership-logout] shortcode properly shows message #1 above for my admin user account.

All other user accounts show erroneous message #2 above with the username missing.

You can login and go to the "Accounts" page. At the bottom of the page is where the [ms-membership-logout] shortcode is invoked and displays the erroneous logout message.

Thanks

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.