Problem with menus after using snapshot

Hi there,

The plugin seems to be acting strange ever since (2 hours ago) I reset my site to a snapshot of about 15 days ago.

My menus are *** and aren't appearing how they supposed to appear. Also: many of my members are reporting that they are unable to log in. And while there's only one subscription type, many see different menus.

I have 2 different type of pages: a "portefeuille" and "selectie" page that is visible for visitor and a "portefeuille" and "selectie" page that should be visible for SUBSCRIBERS only and then the other 2 pages should dissapear once they are logged in. This used to work fine, however now one of the "selectie" pages remains visible at the top, after logging in.

Please help, ASAP.

Should I just delete and reinstall the app?

Kind regards,
Dieter
[Edited - censored a specific expression]

• Nastia

Hello @Dieter, I hope you are doing well today!

I'm sorry to hear you have this issue!

I have edited your post, please try not use expletives as the forums are public and might be read by children.

As you said it started 2 hours ago, have you installed, updated/activated any other plugin or made any other configuration before this all starts to happen?

I have 2 different type of pages: a "portefeuille" and "selectie" page that is visible for visitor and a "portefeuille" and "selectie" page that should be visible for SUBSCRIBERS only and then the other 2 pages should dissapear once they are logged in.

Make sure that you re-check all menu items in the Protection Rules.
    Create a new Default Membership for logged in users only and assign the menu items to this membership to hide it from other members.

If you had this membership already, can you please make sure that non other administrator of your website has deleted it? Or perhaps do you have a fresh backup of your file so you could restore it?

I reset my site to a snapshot of about 15 days ago.

Just want to clarify this, you restored your site now or 15 days ago? If you restored your site now, there is a possibility that a backup you restored it's quite old and don't have all the modifications you have made.

Also: many of my members are reporting that they are unable to log in. And while there's only one subscription type, many see different menus.

Would you please create a new ticket regarding this issue, just to keep things focused and to resolve it much quicker. One of our staff members will answer to it ASAP.

Please advise,

Kind Regards,
    Nastia

• Dieter

Hi Nastia,

Thanks for adjusting my post. Won't happen again.

I installed a plugin today to make child themes and then all the problems started. So when I noticed that things were suddenly all weird, I decided to reset my website to an earlier version (a version of January 15 thus a snapshot of about ~10 days ago).

I've re-checked all the protection rules, but I think the problem is due to the fact that my "guest" subscription is gone. So now all the menu items are either visible for everyone or for my subscribers that are logged in. While the pages for the logged in members are only visible to them, I want to have some menu items that are ONLY visible for the guests that are not logged in (and these pages are currently visible for the logged in users as well).

Is it normal that when I click on "create new membership" that I'm not able to create a "guests/visitor membership"?

Kind regards,

Dieter

• Dieter

To clarify: see screenshots

#Screenshot number 1: no guest membership option available.
    #Screenshot number 2: As you can see I have two times a "portefeuille" and "selectie" menu-page. Both have the same name, but are different in content. One of them is only supposed to be visible for logged in users and the other one is only supposed to be visible when not logged in.
    #Screenshot number 3: It seems to work for the "portefeuille" pages, but not for the "selectie" pages. Why is that?

• Nastia

Hello @Dieter, I trust you are well today!

I installed a plugin today to make child themes and then all the problems started.

Would you please tell us which plugin is it so I could test it? Do you still using it? This plugin, along with Membership 2 Pro may not co-exist together peacefully. Would you please run a quick check for a conflict with a plugin?

Deactivate all other plugins and test again. If the issue is gone (check if Guest Membership appeared again), please activate one plugin at the time to find out which one is causing this conflict.

Please follow the flowchart from our manual:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

Is it normal that when I click on "create new membership" that I'm not able to create a "guests/visitor membership"?

You can create only one Guest Membership with Membership 2 Pro plugin, so if guest membership already exist you can't create another one.

Please advise,

Kind Regards,
    Nastia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.