Problem with "Pay with a Like"

Hi.
I installed Pay with a Like plugin but when I use it, the like button doesn´t appear. Twitter, linked in and google+ buttons are ok, but like button not...
I revised Javascript Console and say "FB.getloginstatus() called before calling FB.init()".
How can i use the plugin?

Thanks and sorry for my English...

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hiya,

Thanks for the link and sorry for the delay.

I checked the site and found it to be working fine.

Are you still facing the issue ? If yes, can you try a different browser or a different computer please ?

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

• Paul
    • The Green Incsub

@Fran,

Thanks. Please download and install this beat
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2616987/WPMUDev/pay-with-a-like/pay-with-a-like-1.1.5-Beta1.zip

I checked the URL you provided from an earlier message and you are still showing a problem. The Facebook button does now show. But when I click on it I'm showing an error in the JavaScript. As a result of this error the page does not reload. And the user does not see the protected content.

Please post back here when you have installed the beta and I will test from my end. Thanks again.

• Fran
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Yes, so far works well.

I have a question:

I have seen that if a person has already given me like my page and he is fan of my page on Facebook, the like button appears disabled. Do I could set the PWAL plugin to if a person is a fan of my page, automatically he can see all the content?

Tanks!

• Paul
    • The Green Incsub

@Fran,

I'm looking at your page and I'm seeing two sets of PWAL buttons. see image. Other than that issue if I click the FB like it does seem to work.

I have seen that if a person has already given me like my page and he is fan of my page on Facebook, the like button appears disabled. Do I could set the PWAL plugin to if a person is a fan of my page, automatically he can see all the content?

Yeah, this is a somewhat common request and a feature we need to look into. The issue is related to the design of the plugin. When used on your site a cookie is set when a user clicks the button. The problem with this is if the user changes computers or clears the browser cookies. The better solution would be to determine the likes from the Facebook API. Granted this would only effect Facebook since the other buttons don't really support this integrations.

The other things many members would like to see is using the Share instead of Like. This really effects the visibility within Facebook. So that is being looked at.

Thanks.

• Fran
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi @Paul!

I tested PWAL and it does seem to work.

To test it I put two sets of PWAL buttons as you can see, it´s only a test to check how the plugin works when I have several links.

Thank you very much for help, and i hope you look into the feature, because I think it would be fantastic for the plugin.

Cheers! And if you need more help, you just have to tell me.

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey Fran,

Thanks for posting back and confirming that the plugin is working fine now.

As far as the feature is concerned, I am sure Paul will work out a solution in the future releases :slight_smile:

Thanks for your help with the beta test too.

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.