problem with plugins

I'm confused by a number of your plugins. I installed events+ on our buddypress site and when you go to a user's profiles it has events, but there is no button to create an event. Can I get some assistance. The same with Q&A. there is nothing in the user's profile that gives a button that says ask a question. Where are these items.

• aecnu

Greetings tstmedia77,

I installed events+ on our buddypress site and when you go to a user's profiles it has events

Exactly correct. This plugin is designed out of the box to make it so that only the network admin can create events as per its description: Create and manage events on your WordPress, Buddy Press or MultiSite setup.

It does not mention allowing end users to do so, but it can be made to happen if you really want by end users by assigning them the ability via something like Advanced Access Manager plugin.

The same with Q&A

Concerning the Q&A plugin that is a totally different story. Logged in the applicable site dashboard and go to --> Questions --> Settings --> Assign Capabilities and assign each level the applicable permissions that you want them to have.

Please let us know if you need further assistance with the topics of this thread by simply check marking this ticket as not resolved below and posting your additional questions, issues, or symptoms.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu

Greetings tstmedia77,

You are NOT answering the question. I have the events plugin installed on buddypress. Where on the members profile is there a button that says create an event? Where. I'm logged in as the admin and i can create events from within the site but not from my member section. members don't have access to create post from within the site.

I did give you the correct answer above, possibly you did not get it so I will rephrase.

This plugin was never meant to allow end users to add events nor does it say so nor indicate in any way, shape or form that they can.

Now with that in mind I gave you a solution, a work around, something this plugin was never intended to do, if you want them to have access you can more then likely configure Advanced Access Manager plugin to do so.

My orders from headquarters are to resolve any ticket I can regardless of where the plugin or solution comes from - I have no problem referring folks to plugin or other solutions outside of WPMU Dev and that is exactly what I have done here.

The plugin is not meant to give end users access to creating events period. I gave a possible solution.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu

Greetings tstmedia77,

Just checking if this issue was eventually resolved in another thread? Or by yourself separately to us? Or by us over email with you? Or using our live support?

If so, no need to reply, that's great news.

If not, or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Otherwise, happy days, glad you got it sorted :slight_smile:

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.