Problem with Pro Sites integration

Hey there :slight_smile:

i tried to make Support System only available for users with a pro sites level.
At the backend theres no "support" area any more, thats fine.
On the frontend a message is showing like "Do you need support? Click here to visit your dashboard".

So if somebody clicks the link he would be still able to create tickets.
shouldn't this message be more like: "If you need support, please upgrade to LEVEL".?

I'd LOVE to see a field where i can edit the message shown on the frontend maybe in pro sites general settings?

Let me know what you think.
Best,
David

• Sajid

Hi @David

Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

I tried to reproduce the support link issue but could not find a way to go in to backend. Can you please tell me where exactly you see "Do you need support? Click here to visit your dashboard" message ?

For the other request, would you mind creating a separate feature request so we can consider it for development. Its not possible out of the box at the moment.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Cheers, Sajid

• MapSteps

Hey Sajid,

i attached an image where you can see the message.
    Unfortunatley pro sites integration seems not to work properly.

Issue #1:
    Like explained above, users (with NO pro-sites status) who try to access the "tickets" or "create a ticket" page get the message (image below) which sends them to the backend where they still can create tickets.
    I don't want non pro-sites users to be able to create tickets.

They cannot create a ticket at their blogs backend and cannot create a ticket in the main blogs support area. Thats fine. But why do the message sends them to the main-sites wp-admin where they can still create tickets?

Created a feature request to customize the message:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/custom-pro-sites-message-for-non-pro-sites-users-support-system-plugin

Hope that helps :slight_smile:
    Best,
    David

• MapSteps

#issue 2:
    since i tried pro sites integration (whether i have it activated or not) none of my users can see other users tickets at their backend any more. I have to mention that i don't even know if this was possible before :slight_smile: See my settings below, they should be okay.

I have "allow users to see all tickets" activated.
    On the frontend it's working without problems.

But hey, this is not a big thing. it would also make submitting tickets from the backend more personal if other users tickets don't show up there. If this is the common behavior, this is not an issue :slight_smile:

Best,
    David

• Sajid

Hi @David

Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

They cannot create a ticket at their blogs backend and cannot create a ticket in the main blogs support area. Thats fine. But why do the message sends them to the main-sites wp-admin where they can still create tickets?

I have tested it on my own site and could replicate this issue, also figured out the possible cause. Its assuming them as an administrator (however their status on main site is subscriber) when they are logged in on their own blog. When from Support > settings > permission settings, I unchecked the administrator role then it did not allowed the users to create a ticket. That's why I am marking it as confirmed bug ad notifying the developer so it can be patched up for next version.

Meanwhile, the code snippet provide you by Ash in other thread would do the trick, it would not display that message.
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/custom-pro-sites-message-for-non-pro-sites-users-support-system-plugin

Regarding your second issue:
    In their own blog tickets section they can not see tickets of other users are sites. Because it uses a different db table to store that information. So that settings only applies to main site dashboard tickets section.

Hope that helps :slight_smile:

Cheers, Sajid