Problem with Rackspace server

Good morning! My site is hosted on Rackspace, and we are getting an error ('Your server had a problem connecting to WPMU DEV: "cURL error 6: Could not resolve host: premium.wpmudev.org"') when we try to log in to WPMU DEV. Rackspace tech support asked me to contact you - they are receiving a SERVFAIL error from the upstream DNS server (enom).

Rackspace support said they can fix temporarily for me to log in, but the long term solution would probably need to come from your nameserver provider.

Thanks in advance for your help!

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi MaryEllen,

So sorry for the inconvenience you are having. I've discussed this with our sysadmins and got idea about what's happening. Let me tell you in details.

Rackspace caching servers request the record for premium.wpmudev.org and cache them for their environment, however, on occasion those servers are receiving, and caching, a 'SERVFAIL' response from an upstream DNS server. At some point, one of the upstream DNS servers for premium.wpmudev.org is has failed once or more to send a response when performing the lookup on premium.wpmudev.org, resulting in the SERVFAIL response being cached in Rackspace environment.

So the issue will be gone as soon as Rackspace clear their "SERVFAIL" response cache. Can you please talk to them regarding this? I believe, this will resolve the issue.

Please let us know if you still have this issue after SERVFAIL response cache is cleared at Rackspace. We will be glad to investigate further.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• radstu
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I wanted to add some information here too, as I just had this same issue with Rackspace / LiquidWeb Cloud sites.

I experienced this same issue twice in the last month. With the ticket information above, the Ops team was able to resolve the issue and I'm back in.

Lance R. 12:42 am
    Our caching servers cached a negative response so they flushed dns

After which it was working fine for me.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.