Problem with Save under Plugin – Global Footer Content

The save button STOPPED working for me and I have since Deleted the plugin and reloaded it but it still will not save settings. The other link under UB seem to work fine… The problem is just with editing the footer content…

Thanks for your help…

And while I am thinking about it… How about when people send in a support ticket, they are able to select the Plugin/Theme from a drop down menu that is in Alphabetical order on the support ticket support page.

Looking through that list when having a issue can get frustrating… :slight_smile:

Take Care

• timsidden
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hello Barry, Because this happened several days ago I am not totally sure but I know I did not update any plugins or change templates in between it working and not working. Originally I thought it might be a Google Chrome Issue but I tried it on Fire Fox with the same result.

I had several plugins activated at the time. I have since scaled down to Prosites, AntiSplog,Affiliates, admin adds,mailchimp, tos, dev videos infinity seo and snap shots and I am using the blog mu theme…

Here is the thing… I was working inside other aspects of the plugin and went back to make some changes and that is when I remember the issues starting…

Thank for your help

• timsidden

Ok… I have found the problem..but it is something you guys will have to fix…

The problem is… When using the Admin Footer Text… The separator actually moves up past the save button… When this happens and the save button falls under the separator field, it deactivates the save button…

I have posted three links to show you what I am talking about… The first pic shows the save button in the proper place and working right… In the last two pics the save button is below the separator line and deactivated from saving changes to my edits…

http://i.imgur.com/5Gjpqw4.png

These two show the Save button below the Separator line that causes the save button to become disabled…

http://i.imgur.com/vq4CHsA.png

http://i.imgur.com/HlQCm1i.png

• timsidden

Barry I have added two bigger screen shot for you.

The first one shows Admin Footer disabled and the save box above the bottom separator. In this picture the save box works fine…

The 2nd picture shows the Admin Footer enabled andas the picture shows, the save box below the separator line thus disabling the box from use…

Box is working in this pic:

http://i.imgur.com/80fFtXy.png

Box is NOT working in this box

http://i.imgur.com/wQrXMOA.png

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Sorry, it appears that i didn’t get the notification when you posted :slight_frown: Those certainly look different that the other ones yeah. Wonder if there is a unclosed html element there.

Can you paste what you have in the two text areas into a text file and pop it through to me by email. I’m having trouble duplicating it with the tests I’ve done, so would like to cover all bases.

You can get me at barry at incsub dot com.

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

If you could. I think it may be what you have in the admin footer box that is missing a closing div or causing the footer to overlap the save button. I’ve been playing and adding content on my system but can’t get it to overlap.

Alternatively (or as well), if you deactivate the global footer module, and then blank out the content of the admin footer, and save it – then reactivate the global footer module, do you still get the overlap?

• timsidden

I would love to try that but, the only time that I can edit the footer is when it is activated and showing, but because it is below the separator I can not save it… But… Maybe I am missing something.. If I am let me know PLEASE

I am a newbie when it comes to this stuff… Sorry

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

On you screen shot you posted you can see the edit boxes with the HTML for both the admin footer and the global footer. You should be able to select, copy and paste the content from there.

If you go to the ultimate branding dashboard and disable the global footer module. The save button shouldn’t touch the footer (in theory), so you should be able to blank the content out and save it. This may fix things and prove the footer content is the issue – but if you manage the first part, above, then I can do this on my system and confirm or not.

• timsidden

OK I believe I am following you but… When I disable the Global footer content the box to edit the GFC is gone, so I can not blank anything out… Unless I am missing something here…

Just to make sure we are on the same page…

The Global Footer Content is not giving me an issue… The Admin Footer content is the issue for me.. But again, when I deactivate either one they disappear from the menu so I can not blank them out or edit them.

Sorry to be such a pain…

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

One thing… when I disable Admin Footer content everything works fine and the save buttons for all PLugins are above the separator…

Yes, that’s why I think it’s the content in the admin footer box that is causing the issue.

OK I believe I am following you but… When I disable the Global footer content the box to edit the GFC is gone, so I can not blank anything out… Unless I am missing something here…

I want you to blank out the dashboard (admin) footer text box, not the global one, but disabling the global footer module means that the save button moves enough for you to save the blanked admin footer content.

• timsidden

Barry Thanks for your help on this issue… There is still the matter that the bottom Separator IS moving but I am able now to edit the footer…Which is good.

Would you please take a look at another issue I am having or have someone else please look at it… I have opened the thread here… https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/problems-with-signups#post-349050

But no one has helped me fix this issue… And I can not launch until it is fixed…

Thanks for your help in advance

Tim

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings timsidden,

Knock, Knock – Housekeeping –> Just checking if this issue was eventually resolved in another thread? Or by yourself separately to us? Or by us over email with you? Or using our live support?

If so, no need to reply, that’s great news.

If not, or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the ‘Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)’ box below the post area (or else we’ll miss it!)

Otherwise, happy days, glad you got it sorted :slight_smile:

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.