Problem with the Facebook Events import Feature

Hello,

i wanted to ask, how I can get it working, so that the Plugin Imports the Facebook Events from my Facebook Site? I just changed the Facebook User ID to the Site ID (186559168352822) but this does not seem to work.

Can you help me please?

Also I wanted to ask if it is possible to change the Language and if it is not translated yet if I can help you with that?

Best Regards

Konstantin

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

HI Konstantin G.,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

This seems to be an already reported bug, and the developers are aware of this issue, and are working on providing a fix. At the moment, I’m afraid, I don’t have an exact ETA on when a patch related to this bug will be released. Will definitely keep you updated once we have a fix ready for this. We truly appreciate your patience.

Also I wanted to ask if it is possible to change the Language and if it is not translated yet if I can help you with that?

You can find the all the transaltion files related to the Events+ plugin here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/translate/projects/eab

Only 4 languages are 100% complete, if you find that your language is not in the 100% list, you can complete the translation, and once done export the MO files, and paste it into your /wp-content/languages/plugins folder

You might find the following articles helpful:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/how-to-translate-a-wordpress-plugin/

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/translations/

Please let us know if you still need any further assistance. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,

Nithin

• Konstantin G.
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Only 4 languages are 100% complete, if you find that your language is not in the 100% list, you can complete the translation, and once done export the MO files, and paste it into your /wp-content/languages/plugins folder

I now sat down for some hours and made all the translations so the Plugin is now 100% translated to German. Will it be possible to get an Autoupdate so that the Translations are loaded automatically if your are using this language (so that you dont have to copy the File)?

Best Regards

Konstantin

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Konstantin G.,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

I now sat down for some hours and made all the translations so the Plugin is now 100% translated to German.

That’s awesome!! Sending some points on your way. :slight_smile:

Will it be possible to get an Autoupdate so that the Translations are loaded automatically if your are using this language (so that you dont have to copy the File)?

Unfortunately, at the moment there isn’t any auto update of translation files available. You’ll have to manually add the files in the /languages folder, as mentioned above, to get this working.

Please let us know if you still need any further assistance. Have a nice weekend. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,

Nithin

• Konstantin G.

Hi Nithin,

okay… but if you do a clean new install on a new site will it auto load the files for the translation?

I also translated a little bit of “Upfront Parent Theme” and completet the Translation of:

“German translation of WP Smush Pro” and

“German translation of Integrated Video Tutorials” and

“German translation of Hustle” and

“German translation of Events +”.

But unfortunately especially for the Last Translation (Smush Pro) i din´t got any points for the Translation of the Strings… do you know where they went or can you at least give me these (i guess something about 500 Points)?

Best Regards

Konstantin

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Konstantin,

okay… but if you do a clean new install on a new site will it auto load the files for the translation?

I’m afraid not. With new, clean installation you will need to copy those files again.

But unfortunately especially for the Last Translation (Smush Pro) i din´t got any points for the Translation of the Strings… do you know where they went or can you at least give me these (i guess something about 500 Points)?

Giving points is not obligatory for translations – we don’t get any notifications about translation being done, and its up to other members and sometimes staff members to give those points as appreciation for doing that job.

500 points is actually a LOT. That would be for me more that 1/3 of my own hero points I earned here on forum for last 1.5 year.

kind regards,

Kasia

• Konstantin G.

Hi,

im sorry if you missunderstood this, but i meant the Credits that give you your level and not the one that you can redeem.

And for every “string” i translate I get one, but unfortunately for the last translations i didnt got any…

For example: ” You translated a string for the German translation of WP Smush Pro Nov 26, 2016 +1″

Best Regards

Konstantin

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi Konstantin,

I’m sorry for the inconvenience. I just checked our translation manual but I could not find any “point per string” policy there: https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/translations/

I’m quoting from our manual:

Other members who find your translation accurate and useful are encouraged to gift you valuable reputation points for your hard work! The points you receive will be based on your percentage share of that particular translation. So for example if you contributed 75% of the translations, and another member 25%, if a member gifts 100 points then you would get 75 and the other translator 25

And I’m sorry for the miscommunication here. Kasia actually got you right, and described this above:

Giving points is not obligatory for translations – we don’t get any notifications about translation being done, and its up to other members and sometimes staff members to give those points as appreciation for doing that job.

But maybe me and Kasia both are missing something here. Can you please give us a screenshot of a notification of point which you got after translating a single string for any plugin? I’ll forward that to our authority and try to solve the issue. I’ll update you as soon as I get something from them.

Please keep in mind, our developers work round the clock and they have to deal with lots of critical issues and other things. So it may take a little while for them to check this and provide a feedback.

Have a nice day. Cheers!

Rupok

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi Konstantin G.,

Thanks a lot for the screenshot. I’ve forwarded this to our authority and I’ll update you as soon as I get something from them. I believe, they will come up with a feedback very soon.

I appreciate your patience.

Have a nice day. Cheers!

Rupok

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Konstantin,

About the points – we have spoken with our developers and our system will not always add those points from translating strings. There are a lot of restrictions to per string points to avoid changing a string over and over and to avoid false translations. So you probably hit one of those restrictions and that is why points were not added to your account.

Let me know if you have more questions.

kind regards,

Kasia

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Konstantin,

Please check if PHP on your server is higher than 5.3 – it wont work if it less or equal to 5.3. If you don’t have higher version please update PHP version.

You should be able to import events from the FB page if you insert its ID in Add-on settings “Facebook Events import settings” in “Import events for this Facebook user ID:”

kind regards,

Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.