Problem with user registration process on membership plugin

When the registration form is completed (http://www.bizbritain.org/register.html?action=registeruser&subscription=1), instead of being re-directed to the confirmation page, the user is given the message:

"Sign up for Membership

You currently have a subscription for the Membership subscription. If you wish to sign up a different subscription then you can do below."

Then below there is just a blank space below, with no option to do anything else. Obviously this makes no sense, one would expect that at this point the user would be re-directed to the confirmation page?

I've tried absolutely everything I can think of and still cannot resolve the issue.

Thanks,

Matt

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Matt,

Welcome to WPMU DEV!

What is going on with that registration page and URL?

I have never seen anything like it with Membership.

A properly configured Membership plugin installation should taker us to a page and URL like this: http://membership.aecnuwpmu.us/register/

As shown on my test production server URL above.

Please advise as to what is going on there so that we may successfully resolve the issue on that installation.

Looking forward to hearing form you in any event.

Cheers, Joe

• matt_gubba8
    • New Recruit

Hi Joe,

After a sleeping on the issue I appear to have found a way of resolving it. For anyone experiencing something similar, the following appears to have done the trick:

Originally in the Membership "options" tab, under the "User Registration" drop down menu, I had selected the membership access level I wished those registering to be assigned to.

However, when i tried changing the value to "None", the issue seems to correct itself - it now functions as per the installation on your test site.

Thanks,

Matt

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Matt,

Happy to see that you resolved this item and thank you for posting how you did it for other members to benefit from.

For clarification folks what Matt is referring to is while logged into the admin dashboard go to --> Membership --> Options --> General Tab and under the heading User Registration there is an option that clearly states:

If you have free user registration enabled on your site, select the subscription they will be assigned to initially.

If you are using a paid subscription model - it is probably best to set this to "none".

Which means if your Membership site is absolutely and completely free then you select a level for free members to start at.

Here is the big one, if you offer a PAID subscription of ANY kind then set this to none.

Hopefully a lot more folks will have a lot less hard time with this item in the future.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.