Problem with Visual Composer rendering gibberish in the back end

for some reason this morning, two websites we have, quakewatch.net and spaceweathernews.com (both of which us the theme Jupiter and the Visual Composer plugin) had some weird errors. Everything looks find on the front end, but in the back end, the HTML elements look like jarbled text and many of the elements are missing (yet show up in the backend). I reached out to Jupiter support but they are notoriously for slow response time. Could you take a look and see what might be causing the issue? I can grant support access. Only other choice is to roll back to yesterday's site, but I am afraid the problem might just happen again. Thank you!

• Adam Czajczyk

Hey Adrian!

I just found out that that there are to quite significant JS errors in back-end while trying to use Visual Composer on page.

One is about "Uncaught URIError: URI malformed" and is generated by php.default.min.js library which is a part of Visual Composer. Second one relates to deprecated XMLHttpRequest (AJAX related then) and one of the libraries connected is "Farbtastic" (which is a color picker script) but it also relates to other JQuery scripts. It seems then that most likely the theme isn't up to date (meaning that its developer didn't take care of keeping it up to current standards).

As I mentioned at our live chat, this may also be a result of Visual Composer not updated properly. I understand that getting support from theme developer is a bit difficult so could you give it a try with some other themes (possibly default Twenty Fifteen) just to see if it helps?

Cheers,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.