Problems loading FrameMarket theme

I am trying to install the FrameMarket theme. When I do and I go to the wordpress site I installed it on, I am told "Fatal error: Call to undefined function wp_get_theme() in /home/umbalove/public_html/wp-content/themes/framemarket/functions.php on line 106"

Thoughts?

• festfinds
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I have installed the two themes (parent(framemarket) & child(gridmarket)) into the wp-content/themes folder. I do not have a network admin panel (#5) as this is a solo site. Not sure if that matters. I am now receiving this error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function wp_get_theme() in /home/umbalove/public_html/wp-content/themes/gridmarket/functions.php on line 27

Thoughts? The child theme is the active theme, via #6.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings festfinds,

Thank you for your additional input, it is greatly appreciated.

Unfortunately I cannot replicate this issue, if I could it would be much easier to figure out what is going on.

Now it is time to go into full blown trouble shooting mode because it appears there may be some conflict here and one way to find out conclusively.

Standard plugin trouble shooting protocol - first to switch to the Twenty Eleven theme just long enough to check for the problem - if the problem still exists next involves deactivating all plugins except the plugin in question and then see if the issue still exists.

If it does not, then you want to activate plugins one at a time testing in between to see if the issue returns. Even when you find one plugin, it may be in your interest to deactivate the problem plugin and continue testing the rest of the plugins to insure no others are also conflicting.

You will know the conflict when the issue returns and which plugin(s) you activated that cause the issue.

Please advise if there are any plugin conflicts and if so what the plugins are that are conflicting.

Cheers, Joe

• festfinds
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey Joe,

Thanks for all your time put into this. This is a new site, so there weren't many plugins. One was marketpress and the only other is a construction page plugin. Neither of these solved the problem, still getting the same error message. I have even tried unisnstalling and reinstalling a fresh download of Framemarket.

The Twenty eleven theme works fine.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings festfinds,

Hey no problem, just trying to figure out what is going on there.

I have even tried unisnstalling and reinstalling a fresh download of Framemarket.

But the key here is how you are installing Frame Market, by FTP?

What is the URL to the site? Who is the host?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• festfinds
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Yes, via ftp. Well I have actually done it both ways, via ftp and via wordpress theme uploader. The most recent time was with the instructions you posted above via ftp.

The url is umbalove.com hosted by a friends hosting server.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings festfinds,

Thank you for the additional information, it is greatly appreciated.

This domain umbalove.com is hosted in the Softlayer NOC in Dallas with 315 domains hosted on a single IP address 50.22.79.192 and server.

Web Sites like:
    hyssop.org
    murpheyinsurance.com
    peachstatenursingagency.com
    AND 312 other domains…

Those are the facts though I do not think relative to this issue.

Please while logged into the admin dashboard go to --> Settings --> Permalinks and check your permalink settings?

You should perhaps change the post permalinks to something like /%postname%/

And save.

Please advise if this clears up the issue.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings festfinds,

Thank you for the additional question and input, it is appreciated.

my permalink settings were already set to post name.

But you still clicked on save right?

Is there an issue with all of those domains being hosted on that server?

Great question though I am sorry to tell that I do not have an answer since I am not their server admin. However, it seems like a whole lot of domains for a single server.

And the hardest thing about this issue is that I cannot replicate it on my servers and to my knowledge and I have searched, the only report of this issue.

The only things left are memory and htaccess file that I can think of since we have gone through everything else.

Lets check out memory while we are at it using the WP-Memory-Usage plugin where we want to see at least 64MB as the second number. Please let me know what the two sets of numbers indicate.

Please advise to clicking the save button on the permalinks and if it makes any difference concerning our issue too.

Cheers, Joe

• festfinds
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey there. So I switched to a different host and installed in the way that you had mentioned above and it seems to work. Seeing the theme and it looks like it is functioning as it is supposed to.

Thanks for all your assistance. Really appreciate you time.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.