Problems logging into Protected Content

I though I'd gotten past the issue of logging into Protected Content, but apparently I still have some issues to work out.

When I first encounter protected contend on a page, I can click on a link and go to the registration page. I fill out the page, and I'm successfully enrolled - so I can now see the protected content.

If I go to the Signin / Logout page in the site menu, (the Account page), I'm presented with another login screen - not the Account page. I'm stuck, unable to log out. If you could point out where I'm going wrong, I'd appreciate it.

A couple of other questions have cropped up.
- is there a place I can find the names of all the variable which can be used in emails (%blog-name%, %ms-name%, etc)?
- is there a way to modify the Account page for free users so there is no reference to Invoices?

Thanks (again)

Dennis

Tyler Postle

Hey Dennis,

Hope you're doing well today. I've just tested this out by signing up on your site then going to that account page and it looks to be displaying without any issues for me. Does it happen every time for you or only sometimes?

It could be caching related.

- is there a place I can find the names of all the variable which can be used in emails (%blog-name%, %ms-name%, etc)?

There is a list built into the editor via: "Insert Membership Variables" dropdown. I've attached a screenshot to illustrate

- is there a way to modify the Account page for free users so there is no reference to Invoices?

You could place 2 account shortcodes on the page and wrap one in the free membership shortcode like this:

[ms-protect-content id="536"]
    [ms-membership-account show_invoices="no"]
    [/ms-protect-content]

[ms-protect-content id="536" access="no"]
    [ms-membership-account]
    [/ms-protect-content]

That way your free membership sees the version of the account page with no invoices showing and every other membership will see the version with invoices.

Would that work for you?

Hope that helps!

Look forward to hearing back.

All the best,
    Tyler

Dennis

Hi Tyler-

My problem logging out is regular; it occurs whenever I go through the process described below.
    1. The attached Register link.png shows the page at http://wealthyaffiliatecoach.org/free-graphic-maker, which has a picture to entice the visitor if they want to see protected content.
    2. When the visitor clicks on the graphic, a new tab opens suggesting they signup for access. See the attached Signup button.png.
    3. After clicking the signup button, they are taken to the registration form (Registration.png).
    4. Once they've registered, they are approved and an email is sent to them to confirm their registration (Approval notice.png).
    5. They can then close the registration page and refresh the original page to see the protected content (Content revealed.png).
    6. After reading the scathingly brilliant protected content, they can go back up to the menu bar and click on the Signin / Logout link. This should take them back to their account page, which contains the logout link. Instead, it asks them to login again - despite the fact they are still logged in! (Logout.png)
    7. If they try to login again, the plugin locks up - freezing as shown in Locked up.png. They have no way to logout, nor can they access the Account page! I've only been able to make things work again by deleting the user in the back end - but then the problem just repeats itself again.

What am I doing wrong?

Also, is there a way to have the sign in form default to "Stay checked in"? i.e. to have the check box pre-populated with a check which they can clear if inclined.

Thanks,

Dennis