Problems moving a sub-site from one multisite to another

Hi there,

I want to move a number of sub-sites on a multisite install (JustThinkBiG.co) to another multisite install (ThinkBiGSites.co.uk) and intend to use Snapshot pro to do so. I’ve followed the instructions on one of your blog posts; https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/easy-migration-snapshot/ but am getting the following error when I try to import the Snapshot from Dropbox;

“Error: Manifest data not found in archive.

Snapshot import complete”

I’ve double-checked the instructions in the blog post and it looks like I’ve used the correct settings for the Snapshot but, clearly, I’m missing something.

Your help on this would be appreciated, as I have a number of sites i want to move over and it’s going to be a challenge if I can’t crack this.

Kindest regards

Steve

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Steve,

Error: Manifest data not found in archive.

Snapshot import complete

That error means snapshot you are trying to import is probably corrupted and that is why Snapshot it not importing it.

Can you try creating snapshot again for that subsite and see if on second attempt it will be imported?

If error will be still showing, can you provide access to site where you are creating that snapshot and tell me what site I should check?

To enable support access you can follow this guide here:

http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

kind regards,

Kasia

• Steve - Just Think BiG
    • Thinking Bigger

Hello Kasia,

Apologies for the slow response but I’ve been out and about over the last couple of days and not had chance to sit down and work on this.

You’ll be pleased to know that I’ve managed to resolve the issue. (It helps to read the instructions on the screen properly!)

I’d neglected to copy the Snapshot across to a public folder in Dropbox. Once I did that, everything worked perfectly!

Thanks for your help and apologies for the user error.

Have a great day.

Kindest regards,

Steve

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.