Problems Regarding SEO, Titles and H tags

Hey all,

I recently ran into a problem and I can't figure out how it started or when it started. I just noticed it a couple of days ago. Basically, I site that I am running (http://thinkbluethinking.com) has Buddypress and the Studio Theme installed.

I'd like the H1 tag to be the Title of the post or page but the H1 tag is being placed in the Buddypress Signup Header (for lack of a better word). That's really weird. I have no idea why this is happening or how to correct it. Also, the Title of the post or page is being automatically placed in the Body in a H2 tag when I would like it to automatically be placed in an H1 tag.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ed

• Tammie

If you want h tags of particular number in specific sections outside from what the theme does you will have to modify the theme files yourself to get that done. You'd be looking to edit the core BuddyPress and theme files in this case so quite an edit. It can be done but you have to be aware when using the child and parent themes of what you are changing. Also some BuddyPress files may not work for the parent and child method.

All that said lets show you what to change for the h1 as a starting point for you to then progress yourself:

Library/components/panel.php:

<h1><?php echo stripslashes($panelheader); ?></h1>

That would need changing for the main header.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.