Problems setting categories on Post created via Upfront

I'm working my way through setting up a new website for a client and I'm having issues with how I think creating posts should work.

I went and clicked the create post button and when I went to change the category, I see what is in the first screen shot. Originally I was able to add the Gallery category, but I've never been able to figure out how to unset the release category.

I also don't see the normal upfront "draggable elements" until after I've published the post. Simply saving a draft doesn't seem to bring it up. That seems a bit... unfortunate to me.

• Milan

Hello @Adam,

I Hope you are having a great day and thanks for asking us. :slight_smile:

Let me break this question in bits so that I can answer you well. :slight_smile:

I went and clicked the create post button and when I went to change the category, I see what is in the first screen shot. Originally I was able to add the Gallery category, but I've never been able to figure out how to unset the release category.

By clicking on edit category link, you'll be able to uncheck those category which you don't want to assign to post. Furthermore You can always unset categories which are assigned to your posts from Dashboard > Posts > <Post Quick Edit > > Category Section .

I also don't see the normal upfront "draggable elements" until after I've published the post. Simply saving a draft doesn't seem to bring it up.

Yeah I can confirm that saving draft doesn't seem to bring it up, but there is one trick you can use to bring draggable elements. Just hit region editing button which you'll probably see on the top-right corner of every region. Please see attached screenshot. Click on it, and just hit "Finish Editing Background" button. It will make draggable element panel visible to you. :slight_smile:

I hope this helps you.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Cheers,
    Milan Savaliya.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.