Problems setting up API

I am setting up the FedEx API in market press and for some reason It keeps cutting off the last digit of the postal code, which gives me an error message "No valid shipping options found. Please check your address carefully".

I called FedEx directly and they said they can see the order trying to process shipping prices, but its cutting off the last digit of the ship to address.

The store hasn't been styled, but you can visit the dev site and check it out. dev.rahfish.com/store

any ideas how to fix this? thx Tim

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Tim,

Welcome to WPMU DEV!

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention and unfortunately I do not have the ability to test this myself and see if I can replicate the issue.

However, I need a bit of clarification before trying to pull in the lead developer on this.

It keeps cutting off the last digit of the postal code, which gives me an error message "No valid shipping options found. Please check your address carefully".

I have indeed replicated the error on your web site and indeed noticed that you have custom coded some of it as well i.e. shopping cart and checkout.

Now I believe it is time to go into full blown trouble shooting mode because it appears there may be some conflict there and one way to find out conclusively.

Standard plugin trouble shooting protocol - first to switch to the Twenty Eleven theme just long enough to check for the problem - if the problem still exists next involves deactivating all plugins except the plugin in question and then see if the issue still exists.

If it does not, then you want to activate plugins one at a time testing in between to see if the issue returns. Even when you find one plugin, it may be in your interest to deactivate the problem plugin and continue testing the rest of the plugins to insure no others are also conflicting.

You will know the conflict when the issue returns and which plugin(s) you activated that cause the issue.

Please advise if there are any plugin conflicts and if so what the plugins are that are conflicting.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Tim,

Thank you for the additional input. I have indeed closed the other ticket which is indeed a duplicate but without the results from you performing standard troubleshooting protocol which is important for the lead developer to know when I call him in here for assistance.

With that said, I will see if I can get the lead developer in here with his invaluable insight into this plugin for his advice/advise for us.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

• rahfish
    • Flash Drive

Joe,
    Thanks for your input, we have followed your directions for standard protocol. We aren't at the point for advice, we need this corrected asap...again, we are on a timeline here.

When can we expect this issue to be resolved?

If there is something we haven't done on our end, please let me know asap. thank you

• Aaron
    • CTO

I'm testing your site, I'm not seeing that message at all, additionally my zip code is appears to remain intact.

It appears to me that your base country is set to Canada. I was under the impression that fedex and it's API only supports the USA as it's from address, maybe thats your problem?

• Arnold
    • El Macho WP

What was the Zip code that was giving the problem? In fact what was the whole address. I know in UPS it won't handle Zip+4 zip codes so they are shortened to 5 digits. That may have been carried over to the FedEx code if your using longer than 5 digits.

• rahfish
    • Flash Drive

Its not a zip code that is causing the issues, its a postal code. When I was on the phone with FedEx they said they only saw 5 digits and the postal code was missing the last digit.

for example: L0R2H9 was reduced to L0R2H

I have been able to get through to the next step which is paypal, but its not working every time. That tells me that the FedEx service is available in Canada.

• rahfish
    • Flash Drive

my developer and I are testing and we have found that you have to make a change, and click "continue to checkout" WHILE the FedEx "thinking icon" is spinning. If click continue to checkout while the icon is spinning, you will get through to paypal every time. If you wait for it to stop, you will not get into paypal and it says "No valid shipping options found. Please check your address carefully."

• Arnold
    • El Macho WP

OK the original problem was that postal codes were being cut short. I posted a fix for that. You never indicated whether it worked. I try to stick to one problem at a time to avoid just the sort of confusion we're having at the moment

I haven't put up anything yet for the button problem.

Was the orginal problem fixed?

• Arnold
    • El Macho WP

You said

I am setting up the FedEx API in market press and for some reason It keeps cutting off the last digit of the postal code, which gives me an error message "No valid shipping options found. Please check your address carefully".

Did the error message stop? You wouldn't need to go back to FedEx to check that

• Arnold
    • El Macho WP

I asked for the BASE address in your settings That consists of a Country, a State and a zip/postal code. I think it's officially alled Location Settings. That's not telling anyone anything. Need to have the source of the shipment for doing calculations.

The desitination address can be any address that demonstrates the problem. Doesn't have to be an actual customer's.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings ozbod,

Thank you for chiming in it is greatly appreciated.

What symptoms are you experiencing related to this thread?

What is the domain name you are having this issue on?

What are the errors from Fed Ex?

What version of Market Press are you running?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings ozbod,

We have not heard back from you as to the status of this issue.

If you are still having an issue please let us know so that we may try to get you fixed up as soon as possible by choosing to check mark this ticket as unresolved below and posting any new errors or symptoms you are noticing.

This action will also bring your ticket up front back in plain view again within the ticket system.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.