problems updating coursepress pro

Hello
I am trying to update coursepress pro. I am having several issues and I am on a deadline as classes begin tomorrow. I have been working on this for three days... :slight_frown:
I have manually update and automatically updated coursepress and had the the same issues.. I have given access to the site as previously asked.

After I update...
I get a message saying that "O units in the course currently. Please check back later." in the preview mode if I click units.

unpublished units disappear

and the assessment area has issues.. the number beside assessment for my courses has changed from 40 ish to 299. I know there are not 299 assignments/questions for me to mark.

I have since restored coursepress back to the original version.. I hope I can get these issues solved. As we also have an issue with the webpage being super super slow and it appears that coursepress plugin is the only part which is running slow.. but before I can trouble shoot that I need to update it.
thanks for your help

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Brenda,

Hope you're doing well today :slight_smile:

We had similar issues when updating to 1.2.6.7 but this shuldn't be happaning with 1.3

Could you try publishing all your units and performing manual update over FTP and see if everything stayed in place after that?

As we also have an issue with the webpage being super super slow and it appears that coursepress plugin is the only part which is running slow

Did this started happening after update or you're having same issue with 1.2.6.6?

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Brenda
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

the slowness has been an issue from the very beginning of using coursepress (July 2015)

There are many courses and individual teachers manage them.. Is there any easy way to publish all the units? Also, I have tried and manual update already and had the same issues with the other problems I mentioned.

• Brenda

I have just completed a manual update of coursepress .. and I have the same issues.. the missing material is not my biggest concern.. it is the fact when we click on Units ... zero show -- this is preventing the students from accessing the course material and the number beside assessments is wrong

I have also tried deactivating all the plugins on the site. This does not solve any of the issues..

I have given access for please feel free to look and see if you can find the problem. :slight_smile:
    Thanks

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Brenda,

Thanks for granting access!

I've visited your site's dashboard and took a look at CoursePress courses. I was able to see all units using preview tool for both published and not published courses. That's being logged in as an administrator because the support access grants me an admin privileges.

I suppose then I may be missing something here so could you please provide me with a "step by step" instruction on what exactly should I do on your site (perhaps I need an account set as "instructor"?) to fully replicate this?

That would help a lot.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Brenda

Hey there...
    Thanks for your help.. I had to restore the site back as students were unable to access one of the courses they were using to prepare for a province wide test. I have another tech now helping with the problem and have created staging copy.

• Milan
    • WordPress Wizard

Hello Brenda,

Glad to know that you have created staging copy and one tech person is helping you with that. But in case if he can't solve your issue, would you please install our WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin on that staging site and enable support staff access ?

Along with support staff access, please describe step by step instructions which can led us to issue replication. ( As my colleague Adam said ) This will help us to identify possible bug with our product if there is any.

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Cheers,
    Milan

• Brenda

WPMU DEV Dashboard is already installed and access is activated. Here is a link to a discussion that lists all my problems. Please let me know if you need more information.

But the strange thing is the issues are not showing up in the staging site.
    Brenda

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Brenda!

Here is a link to a discussion that lists all my problems. Please let me know if you need more information.

It looks like your link didn't get posted. I suppose this is the one, am I correct?

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/updating-coursepress-pro-losing-work

Let me contact Nastia (who's working with you on that other thread) and let's then please stick to either this one or that other thread. This way we'll be able to keep track of all the important information and minimize the chance of getting each other "in a way".

Please keep an eye on both your threads and then let's continue with the one we post back first.

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.