Problems w/ membership plugin - Access and Paypal Sandbox

Hi - I'm designing this website for my client, who owns a WPMU membership - specifically for the membership plugin, and I have some problems that I'm hoping you can help me solve right away.

Active levels are:
Advanced
2 Day Trial
Free Member
Visitors

Problem #1: I have Paypal sandbox selected, but am unable to complete a test purchase at any level. Can you please check and see what I need to do differently - I really need to be able to test.

Problem #2: I've been able to sign up as a free member. When I login as the free member on the sidebar widget, I'm redirected to a 404 page. I hadn't entered a redirect URL because I wanted them to be logged into whatever page they're on, in which case your instructions say to leave it blank. But when I leave it blank, I get a 404 error page. Can you fix this so that the member stays on the page they're on once they login?

Problem #3: I'm using shortcodes to hide / reveal protected content on each post. Again, I've only been able to test the free membership, but the short codes are not working to reveal the content. There are 3 blog posts that should be available in their entirety for free members. The 3 dreams can be found here: http://clients.marketingbeach.com/dreams/category/free-membership/

When I'm logged in as a free member, I'm not able to see the hidden content at the bottom of the post. There's still my graphic... Uh oh... the rest of this content is only available to our members.

The shortcodes I'm using for the protected content look like this...
[level-advanced][level-2-day-trial][level-free-member]
PROTECTED CONTENT
[/level-free-member][/level-2-day-trial][/level-advanced]

I've tried assigning different positives and negatives to try to fix this, but have not been able to. Can you please help?

I need to launch this site on Sunday - in less than 48 hours - I'm hoping you can help me within 24 hours... I'd be most grateful!

Stacey Stanley

• Tyler Postle

Hey Stacey,

Hope you're doing well today!

More than happy to help you out here :slight_smile:

Problem #1: I have Paypal sandbox selected, but am unable to complete a test purchase at any level. Can you please check and see what I need to do differently - I really need to be able to test.

Do you have your IPN link setup properly? Make sure you paste that in using the guide linked here: https://developer.paypal.com/docs/classic/ipn/integration-guide/IPNSetup/

You can find your IPN in your Membership > Payment Gateways > PayPal Settings. If you do have it setup then can you check your IPN history to see if there are any transactions that aren't going through there.

Problem #2: I've been able to sign up as a free member. When I login as the free member on the sidebar widget, I'm redirected to a 404 page. I hadn't entered a redirect URL because I wanted them to be logged into whatever page they're on, in which case your instructions say to leave it blank. But when I leave it blank, I get a 404 error page. Can you fix this so that the member stays on the page they're on once they login?

Does the logged in users you tested this with have access to the page you logged in on?

Problem #3: I'm using shortcodes to hide / reveal protected content on each post. Again, I've only been able to test the free membership, but the short codes are not working to reveal the content. There are 3 blog posts that should be available in their entirety for free members. The 3 dreams can be found here:

You aren't able to nest shortcodes, so that might be causing an issue. If you want to show content to only one level then you want to use this shortcode variation [not-level-free]CONTENT[/not-level-free] - this will show content to only your free level.

Have you tried that setup yet? Let me know :slight_smile:

Look forward to your reply Stacey!

Cheers,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.