Problems while translating into German

Hello @all...

I'm about to translate the membership-plugin into German. No major problems, except one:

I tried to translate the message "Completed: Thank you for signing up. Your subscription to our site is now set up and you should be able to visit the members only content."

I found this text in membershipincludes/plugins/gateway.freesubscriptions.php - and I replaced the English text by a corresponding German message. Then I uploaded the file to my server.

After that I went through the registration process (I tried it three times). But nothing has changed. The English version is still there, not replaced by the new German text.

I don't see why. Where's the mistake I have made?

Thanx for your replies.

Wittgen66

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hiya,

Just to clarify, did you edit the gateway.freesubscriptions.php file or did you attempt to translate it in the .mo and .po files?

It seems that piece of text isn't actually available to translate which it should be so I'll have that checked out.

Phil

• Wittgen66
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Phil...

I did not touch the .mo and po. files, just tried to edit the gateway.freesubscriptions.php file.

Would be really bad news for me if this piece of text wasn't available to translate. In this case, the plugin would be nore or less useless for me. But maybe we can find a solution.

Thanks for your reply, anyway.

Wittgen66

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

I believe it pulls that bit of text from the settings page of the gateway. Will need to double check, but if you click settings for that, you should see a text box where the user can set that message - so in effect it needs to be edited by the user to change it once it's in the db - for a clean install with a set language it should have translated before being stored in the db - will see what I can do with the current betas we're running for the plugin.

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya,

As we haven't heard back from ya with any response in awhile I'm gonna mark this one resolved. If you'd like to go through anything further, feel free to re-open this thread. Alternately, you can also always open up a new one.

Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.