Problems with adding product to cart in IE (all versions)

Hello!

My client recently pointed out an issue with adding products to the shopping cart in IE.
When she adds random products, sometimes the spinning circle keeps ... well, spinning, and the product does not get added to the shopping cart.

I have tried replicating the issue on different browsers and all work fine other than the IE browsers (7,8,9).

Just in case this is of importance to the issue:
The website uses 2 different wholesale categories where the products are the same however they have a different name (ex: "cd-hommus" and "hommus"). I have two different product pages that each call a different wholesale category. For wholesale category 1, there is no issue. For wholesale category 2, the products are not adding to cart (link and login details available on request, as the wholesale area of the website is private)

I would love to find what is causing this and how this can be remedied!

Thank you for your time!

Cheers,
Nancy

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

Hello Nancy!

Do any of the problem url's have a "_" in them? That is an underscore, just incase I did not make it clear :slight_smile:

This can cause issues and should be changed to a "-" (a proper dash) or eliminated totally.

The only other thing off the top of my head...maybe a conflict with jQuery in theme and IE? Best way to test that is to try with a default theme (twenty twelve) and see if it happens there too.

Best,

Kimberly

• orangesandlime
    • Flash Drive

Thank you, Kimberly.

None of the links use underscores, I always use hyphens. If it is a jQuery conflict, would that not appear in the wholesale1 category as well?

One thing I can think of is that the products in both categories have the same name (but not slug). For example:

Category: Dairy (wholesale1)
    Product: Chive & Onion Dip
    Slug: chive-onion-dip

Category: CD Dairy (wholesale2)
    Product: Chive & Onion Dip
    Slug: cd-chive-onion-dip

It's the only way I could think of to create 2 different price levels for the same product and I am not sure if what I did is somehow interfering with the shopping cart.

What baffles me though is that it is not consistent throughout, it only happens in IE and always on ramdon products, never the same.

Cheers!

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

Have you tried to do a variation fo the product on Wholesale1? You can set a different variation of the product and price there.

or change the Product name to CD Chive & Onion.

This will easily identify if either of those are the case.

I also notice you are release behind and due for a Marketpress update :slight_smile:

• orangesandlime
    • Flash Drive

@kimberly - if I set the wholesale2 price as a variation, both customers can see each others' prices? Or do you mean just for testing purposes?

I just had the same problem appear with the shopping cart for wholesale1 - some products just don't get added to the cart (keeps spinning and cart does not update). I am baffled as to what could cause this - surely the shopping cart can handle different categories being called on different pages?

I would really like to find a solution for this as it is holding back business and my client is getting angry :slight_smile:

Thanks heaps!

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings orangesandlime,

Sorry for the delay in a reply to this ticket. It appears that it got away form us and eaten by the ticket system which I found lurking in the back of the ticket system while doing some ticket system house keeping today.

Also our system indicates you are one major version behind with your Market Press installation. Please update to version 2.7 at your earliest convenience.

Please advise where we are at with this ticket and issue.

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.