Problems with Builder

Hello,
I am facing the following issues with Builder:

* Draggable element Slider – cannot select image(s) from Media Library and proceed. Slider works only with Upload new image at it only works with the first image.When I try to upload a second one it gets stuck in uploading

* Can links within the editable area be disabled in Builder mode? It is very annoying when by mistake I click on the featured image or the title of the content and the browser tries to follow the link. This is related to the elements boundaries being difficult to select (especially important for clicking the Settings cog wheel)

* Logic of Save CSS/HTML, Save Element and Update theme – if I Save CSS/HTML but do not Save Element or/and Update theme, would the custom CSS/HTML remain? Same question for Save Element? Also, sometimes I click the Settings cog wheel icon before I've Saved and this seems to render all of my changes obsolete. Are there some rules I need to follow or I just Save after each action? If so, this is very irritating.

* Context menu background and/or styling not loading properly in various section of the Builder (see screenshot below)

* Color picker gets in conflict with sidebar scroll bar (see screenshot below)

* How can I add images to Theme Images? I do not appear to have any (see screenshot below)

* How can I add a map in the Builder, using the Settings -> Google Maps feature/plugin and the functionalities it provides?

* How can I access front-end branding images for changes/manipulation purposes - Logo/Favicon/Watermark/etc. Is the logo added manually through the Builder? Favicon from the Branding plugin? Is there a place to control them all? It seems logical to have that in Theme Settings in the Builder.

* Can you integrate Content Types/Taxonomies/Custom Fields GUI control and access in the Builder? It would be awesome if the user can create any of those in the Builder and manage them.

* Is there a way to use the Builder to edit the admin pages for non-admin users?

Thank you very much in advance!

Regards,

Georgi

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Georgi,

* Draggable element Slider – cannot select image(s) from Media Library and proceed. Slider works only with Upload new image at it only works with the first image.When I try to upload a second one it gets stuck in uploading

I cannot replicate this issue. Im testing Builder on my site and I can not only upload all images I selected but also select from media library without problem.
    So this tells me there is some issue on your site. Did run a quick plugin conflict test as illustrated in getting support manual (flowchart). Let me know how it goes.
    http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

If there will be no positive results would you mind allowing support access so we can have a closer look at this?
    To enable support access you can follow this guide here:
    http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

* Can links within the editable area be disabled in Builder mode? It is very annoying when by mistake I click on the featured image or the title of the content and the browser tries to follow the link.

I replicated this issue and reported to developers that those should not be clickable.

* Context menu background and/or styling not loading properly in various section of the Builder (see screenshot below)

This one I cannot replicate. It looks like that on my site:

* Color picker gets in conflict with sidebar scroll bar (see screenshot below)

That one I did replicate. Also reporting it to developers.

* How can I add images to Theme Images? I do not appear to have any (see screenshot below)

This one also correctly works on my site.

I just realize that your screen are from Upfront editor not from Builder. Are you editing theme made in Builder or one of Upfront child themes?

* How can I add a map in the Builder, using the Settings -> Google Maps feature/plugin and the functionalities it provides?

In Builder or Editor? Google maps plugin works on shortcodes so first you would need to generate maps in backed (in post or page) and then copy shortcode and insert into text element. Or insert widget element and paste shortcode to text widget.

* How can I access front-end branding images for changes/manipulation purposes - Logo/Favicon/Watermark/etc. Is the logo added manually through the Builder?

Logo is added in Builder. Right now for favicons we use Ultimate Branding.

It seems logical to have that in Theme Settings in the Builder.

Yes, hopefully this will be considered by developer and added in future. Right now its not possible.

* Can you integrate Content Types/Taxonomies/Custom Fields GUI control and access in the Builder? It would be awesome if the user can create any of those in the Builder and manage them.

Right now it is possible to create layouts for custom post types and also for archives of custom taxonomies. I'm not sure if we have custom fields on road map but I will ask.

* Is there a way to use the Builder to edit the admin pages for non-admin users?

No. Builder is plugin to create themes for Upfront framework. It does not have and wont have ability to edit admin side of WordPress.

Logic of Save CSS/HTML, Save Element and Update theme – if I Save CSS/HTML but do not Save Element or/and Update theme, would the custom CSS/HTML remain? Same question for Save Element? Also, sometimes I click the Settings cog wheel icon before I've Saved and this seems to render all of my changes obsolete. Are there some rules I need to follow or I just Save after each action?

In Builder you have to click SAVE THEME. This is only way to generate files with your changes. Builder does not save changes to database, it saves it to files. This way you can download builder theme and install it on another site. Hence changes have to be saved to files.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• kr3t3n

Thanks, Kasia, here are my answers:

This one I cannot replicate. It looks like that on my site:

- Can you click on the font style drop down menu to open and try? I've created the screenshot to show the lack of styles and background of that menu. (Where it says Regular in your screenshot)

This one also correctly works on my site.

I just realize that your screen are from Upfront editor not from Builder. Are you editing theme made in Builder or one of Upfront child themes?

- What is the difference between Upfront editor and Builder? What are the resources both utilize and how should I develop my websites?

Right now it is possible to create layouts for custom post types and also for archives of custom taxonomies. I'm not sure if we have custom fields on road map but I will ask.

- I mean to be able to create/edit/delete/reorder these Content Types/Taxonomies/Custom Fields. Practically to do what you would be doing in CustomPress (or Custom Post Type UI) to prepare the website's custom structure.

No. Builder is plugin to create themes for Upfront framework. It does not have and wont have ability to edit admin side of WordPress.

- Are there plans to expand Builder to admin areas? If would be great if we can customize the admin area for non-admins users. (Branding GUI)

Logic of Save CSS/HTML, Save Element and Update theme – if I Save CSS/HTML but do not Save Element or/and Update theme, would the custom CSS/HTML remain? Same question for Save Element? Also, sometimes I click the Settings cog wheel icon before I've Saved and this seems to render all of my changes obsolete. Are there some rules I need to follow or I just Save after each action?
    In Builder you have to click SAVE THEME. This is only way to generate files with your changes. Builder does not save changes to database, it saves it to files. This way you can download builder theme and install it on another site. Hence changes have to be saved to files.

- And what about Save Element and Save CSS/HTML? What happens if I click the Settings cog wheel before I've saved the Element or the custom CSS/HTML?

Regards,

Georgi

• Nithin

Hey Georgi Pepelyankov,

- Can you click on the font style drop down menu to open and try? I've created the screenshot to show the lack of styles and background of that menu. (Where it says Regular in your screenshot)

I was able to replicate this in my system, I'm confirming this as a bug, and I'm pinging the developers to give a look at this.

- What is the difference between Upfront editor and Builder? What are the resources both utilize and how should I develop my websites?

Changes made with Upfront Builder are distributable, ie everything is contained within your theme directory. On the other hand, changes made with editor are per-site only, meaning, everything is saved in your sites database. I suppose I cleared your doubts regarding this, in this thread:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/suggestions-to-add-to-your-latest-update-urgent-fixes-required#post-1198485

If you still have doubts, or issues. Please do let us know, we would be glad to help you out. :slight_smile:

- I mean to be able to create/edit/delete/reorder these Content Types/Taxonomies/Custom Fields. Practically to do what you would be doing in CustomPress (or Custom Post Type UI) to prepare the website's custom structure.

There isn't any option available to creat/edit/delete via Upfront, you'll have to do that via the plugin settings, under CustomPress > Content Types.

Are there plans to expand Builder to admin areas? If would be great if we can customize the admin area for non-admins users. (Branding GUI)

That does sound like a great idea. Could you please create a new feature request for this, so that more members can support this thought. :slight_smile: At the moment, you'll have to use plugins like Ultimate Branding, and Adminimize to make such changes:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/ultimate-branding/
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/adminimize/

- And what about Save Element and Save CSS/HTML? What happens if I click the Settings cog wheel before I've saved the Element or the custom CSS/HTML?

Your CSS will still remain intact in the CSS/HTML, unless you save it. However, you'll lose the CSS if you click the Cancel button. You'll have to either Save, or Update the theme within that

I hope this helps. Please let us know if you still need any further assistance. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.