Problems with cloner - it's not keeping the page attributes on cloned sites

I submitted a support question on this 2 days ago, and granted support access to my dashboard - but no one has even logged into the site through that access to look at the problem.

• Michelle Shull

Hi, Susie!

I just took a look, and it does appear Cloner is working with your theme. Here's what I would do, so you can keep your theme and still take successful Clones. Switch, temporarily, to a default WP theme on the site you want to clone.

Create the clone, then install your current theme on the new clone. Check to make sure all your content was cloned, then switch to your current theme as the active theme and make any changes you may need. Would this work?

Thanks for your question, I'll close your other thread so we can keep your support in one place.

• Michelle Shull

Hi Susie,

Your site will look like it did as soon as you install the theme again. The default theme you're using just displays the menu in a sidebar, rather than across the top. The purpose is to clone the content, then restore the theme.

The issue isn't on our end, it's with how changes you make are saved in your theme. It doesn't rely on typical WordPress methods, so plugins like Cloner that are expecting default WordPress behavior sometimes can't work with that kind of theme. We can't reasonably test our services with every other theme or plugin available, and we can only promise our products are compatible with our other products, WordPress, and BuddyPress. In the case of your theme, we'd need to write a plugin that specifically works with the unique way your theme saves custom information.

I hope this makes sense, and you'll see everything restore to how you like it when you install and activate your preferred theme on the new site. The default theme is only temporary.

Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.