Problems with Comment (So confused with Page and Post) and etc

Greetings!

I am having a problem with Comments. Currently, I am using FrameMarket as a theme for my MarketPress site.

1) How do I turn the comment on (the POST page)? I had Comments off right now.

2) Why do I have the comment on or "Leave a Reply" on the PAGE page? It makes no sense because there are no comments used for About Us, Contact and other pages.
How do I turn it off and it shouldn't be there to begin with.

Now, another thing is how to change the line like this:

"Posted on March 8, 2013 by Bradley Johnson" to "By Bradley Johnson on March 8, 2013"? on a post page (to make it all for posting purpose).

Also how to get rid of this boring bottom of each post
"Posted in Electricity Utility | Comments Off | Edit " and change it to "Read full story, Comments [#] then social media like tweeter, facebook and google plus to be shared"

I spent quite in the afternoon trying to figure it out and no luck!

Your help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Brad

• PC

Hello Brad,

Greetings and thanks for posting on the forums.

1) How do I turn the comment on (the POST page)? I had Comments off right now.

You can do that in the discussion settings on the site.

You can turn the comments on by default and then to disable them for the pages, you can go to pages >> All pages >> Select all, >> Bulk Edit >> and set comments to Not allowed.

2) Why do I have the comment on or "Leave a Reply" on the PAGE page? It makes no sense because there are no comments used for About Us, Contact and other pages.
    How do I turn it off and it shouldn't be there to begin with.

Just as I suggested above. Select all the pages using check box and then bulk edit and set comments to not allowed.

"Posted on March 8, 2013 by Bradley Johnson" to "By Bradley Johnson on March 8, 2013"? on a post page (to make it all for posting purpose).

You will have to change that in the theme core files.

Navigate to this file

/public_html/wp-content/themes/framemarket/library/functions/themes.php

and change the code from

printf( __( '<span class="%1$s">Posted on</span> %2$s by %3$s', 'framemarket'),

to

printf( __( 'By %3$s <span class="%1$s">on</span> %2$s', 'framemarket'),

Also how to get rid of this boring bottom of each post
    "Posted in Electricity Utility | Comments Off | Edit " and change it to "Read full story, Comments [#] then social media like tweeter, facebook and google plus to be shared"

Please provide me a link to that page so that I can suggest the CSS for the same.

Cheers, PC

• PC

Hiya,

Before I do that, will the new version of FrameMarket overwrite it if I make a change now?

Indeed it will overwrite the changes. The reason is that it's a core change. But child themes can be useful in this scenario.

Another thing, I thought that there is a plugin that would easily replace the line "Posted in Electricity Utility and blah blah..."?

That can be done via CSS. Just find the right element and set it to display:none in CSS file. If you are unable to find that right element, just let me know (with a link to the page where that info is displayed) and I will suggest the CSS.

Cheers, PC

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.