Problems with configuring e-Commerce shop

Hello,

I have uploaded MarketPress plugin using WPMU DEV plugin. For the most part it working, but here are a few issues I need to be addressed:
1. The transition from Shiping>Confirmation etc during checkout is VERY slow
2. I set up PayPal Express and followed instructions to fill out the rest of the form. It is set to Live now. When checking out, I get "There was a problem connecting to PayPal to setup your purchase. Please try again".
3. I don't see Products page from the back-end and it would be helpful for me if I did.
The site I'm working on is: sophysam.com

Thank you in advance for your help.

• Tom Eagles

@AlionaK

Hi there, all your products are available from the left hand menu under the products tab in the left panel.
    As for the slow timing on your site response wise i think the could be something to with your hosting type. What type of hosting package (pho version, memoary available for php and mysql)

As for the paypal issue this could also well be a hosting problem where the host is blocking sessions being created we had a few cases of this recently,

Could you have a chat with your host and get back to us please.

Cheers

• AlionaK

Hi Tom,

Thank you for your reply. I have contacted host - iPage. They tried to make it work on their end, but both issues - slow load time of the checkout and inability to connect to PayPal still persists even after maxing out php memory and PayPal's confirmation that APIs are valid and should work.
    I have used a different shopping cart before (Cart66) on this site and there was no issue with PayPal connection. I would really love to use MarketPress as I perceive it as fa superior to other shopping carts on the market, but slow load time at checkout and inability to use PayPal is definitely a problem.

• AlionaK

Also, I looked at debugging info, and here are a few things that I'm getting:
    Trying to get property of non-object in /hermes/bosoraweb155/b746/ipg.sophysamcom/wp-includes/general-template.php on line 1644 Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /hermes/bosoraweb155/b746/ipg.sophysamcom/wp-includes/post-template.php on line 1272
    Notice: wp_enqueue_script was called incorrectly. Scripts and styles should not be registered or enqueued until the wp_enqueue_scripts, admin_enqueue_scripts, or init hooks.

• Aaron

1. The transition from Shiping>Confirmation etc during checkout is VERY slow
    2. I set up PayPal Express and followed instructions to fill out the rest of the form. It is set to Live now. When checking out, I get "There was a problem connecting to PayPal to setup your purchase. Please try again".

That is reported sometimes, unfortunately it's due to paypal or your hosting and their connection or processing speed. If it is succeeding sometimes I don't really have any solutions there, sometimes it clears up for people. It's working sometimes right?

3. I don't see Products page from the back-end and it would be helpful for me if I did.

All pages except the root store page are virtual in Marketpress, they are not actual WP pages that you can edit. Of course you can customize your theme to change those templates.

Those errors are unrelated and nothing. Regarding cart66, it's very likely they used a different paypal API like the basic checkout buttons, that is more basic and does not use HTTP remote calls from PHP.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.