Problems with contact form giving an "Unknown Contact Form" error

Hi there, I have read the discussions on https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/upfront-contact-form-error-unknown-contact-form and https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/upfront-contact-form-error-unknown-contact-form-1 and I am still having issues. I have disabled all my plugins, I am just running upfront theme, Spirit to be exact. When I use my contact form I get “Unknown Contact form” error. Also if I check my browser inspector I see that I have a 500 Internal Server Error. The other bit of info I can give you is that when I try to add an API for Google Maps to the Upfront > General I get a meesage that says “Sorry, you are not allowed to access this page.” I am not sure if Defender is causing this error through a specific setting even though it is off? I will grant you access to take a look.

Kind regards

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hey Justin,

Hope you’re doing well today :slight_smile:

We are currently investigating issue with contact form and I would like to have a closer look at your site to see if it’s the same one but it doesn’t look like support access is open as you mentioned above, can you double check that you’ve granted it?

As for the Upfront General panel not being accessible, can you try going to Upfront > User Restrictions panel and save the settings there, no need to make any changes, and check the General panel again, you should be able to access it afterwards.

Best regards,

Predrag

• Justin Mulder
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Sorry Predag,

You were right, I forgot to grant access, but I have done it now.

As far as trouble accessing Upfront > General. I did as you said and went to user restrictions, and my Admin account had permissions for everything, and then when I tried General again it worked, so thanks for that.

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Justin,

Thanks for the additional info, that’s exactly the issue I mentioned being investigated, original contact form that comes with the theme works fine but newly added ones are failing to send.

You can use the original contact form for now and the issue with new one will be fixed in future updates.

Best regards,

Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.