Problems with duplicate copy on an additional page

When we're adding an extra category called "The Intelligent Investor" to one page (Business, Entrepreneurship, Start-Ups) it keeps automatically adding it to the bottom of the 'Digests' page as well, which when we delete, also deletes the category from the 'Business, Entrepreneurship, Start-ups' page.
Thanks, Amit

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Amit,

This is happening because you used two Global regions that are places on both pages:

Pre Request Quote Gap and Get Quote global regions

Global regions are created to share the same content on every page where they are used - so when you change content on one page, it is updated on every page where that global region is used.

So if you want to have those investors only on one page, then delete that global region and create new one, that will display only on that one page. Then on other page that is using that global region put right content that was there before.

You can add new region by clicking yellow plus sign icon, when editing existing one

Let me know if you have more questions.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Amit

Hi Kasia - am afraid the above instructions are not very clear.

We deleted it from the 'Digests' page and then added it back on the 'business, entrepreneurship, start-ups' page and it's showing on the digests page again - which is where do not want it.

Appreciate what you are saying about a global CSS theme - however we want to clone the posts at the top and use the same style so please provide an alternative solution.

thanks
    Bijal

• Nithin

Hi Amit,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

We deleted it from the 'Digests' page and then added it back on the 'business, entrepreneurship, start-ups' page and it's showing on the digests page again - which is where do not want it.

I checked your mentioned pages, and I could notice the same as mentioned by Kasia. What she meant is that you are using Global regions. So whenever you add an elements, or contents to a global region, and if that region is also present in another page, the content added in one page of the Global region will be visible on the another page.

Both in Digest page, and business, entrepreneurship, start-ups page page you have Get Quote region which is Global. So, when you add the text element in the Global region of your business pages, and since the Digest page also has the same Global region, the content will show on both pages. Global regions as used for such purposes, and saves you a lot of time when it comes duplicating the content.

The main use case would be global footer, so changes made on one page, will refelect the other pages, you don't have to manually edit/add elements for every footer.

I have created a localized new region below the Global region in business, entrepreneurship, start-ups page page, and have added a text element, the changes made on that region isn't visible, on your Digest page.

Appreciate what you are saying about a global CSS theme - however we want to clone the posts at the top and use the same style so please provide an alternative solution.

I'm not sure which section you want to clone, is it in the business, entrepreneurship, start-ups page page, or Digest page? If you meant to have the post, you could make use of the Post element. Wouldn't that work?

Please give a closer look, and let us know if you still have any confusion. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.