Problems with e-Newsletter

I recommended that my client, Sergio Gonzalez, purchase the e-Newsletter plugin, which he did. I installed it on his site and am having issues with it. For one, it never asked for an API key and is not saving any of the newsletters. For another, his server sent him spam intrusion notices while I was working with it. Finally, after adding a module from a previously built email into the new newsletter, it shifted all the content under this module out of the 600 px center and to the left side of the wrapper.

Can I get phone support to help me? My email is SelectCreative@earthlink.net

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

Hello there!

Welcome to the community! I am sorry you are having such trouble. We certainly would like to help, however we do not have a phone support desk.

E-newsletter does not require an API, at least not on our end. Was there something different you were expecting for this?

It would be wonderful if we could see the notice, that way we can alter the developer immediately!

Perhaps if the plugin is being flagged by the server it is not letting the e-newsletter save in the database.

As for your module, would you please provide a screenshot or a bit more explanation?

Thanks! Looking forward to helping get this resolved!

Kimberly

• sergio_gonzalez_realtor
    • New Recruit

Hello Kimberly:

Thanks for getting back to us. I solved the alignment problem, but I’m still uncertain as to why the new newsletters won’t save. Could it be because prior to discovering this plugin and installing it, I built the newsletter in MailChimp’s newsletter editor and that the URL’s for the media images had MailChimp addresses still on them? Would that have caused the server to think there was an intrusion with spam? (See below.)

Mark

SelectCreative@earthlink.net

Date: October 11, 2012 1:28:28 PM PDT

To: sergiomyrealtor@gmail.com

Subject: Alert from WordPress Firewall on http://www.santabarbararealestateinsider.com

WordPress Firewall has detected and blocked a potential attack!

Web Page: http://www.santabarbararealestateinsider.com/wp-admin/async-upload.php

Warning: URL may contain dangerous content!

Offending IP: 75.22.60.147 [ Get IP location ]

Offending Parameter: name = Newletter Footer 600×140.jpg

This may be a “WordPress-Specific SQL Injection Attack.”

Click here for more information on this type of attack.

If you suspect this may be a false alarm because of something you recently did, try to confirm by repeating those actions. If so, whitelist it via the “whitelist this variable” link below. This will prevent future false alarms.

Click here to whitelist this variable.

Click here to turn off these emails.

Repeated warnings for similar attacks are currently sent via email, click here to suppress them.

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

Could very well be part of the issue.

Are you copy/pasting the code from the MailChimp enewlsetter? If they use specific elements it may links to their particular newsletter elements that are causing an issue as well.

It’s been a while since I have used that editor, but I’m betting the <html> code you are using is not free of any external references, and that can cause problems.

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hiya, just going threw some of the older threads here.

As it’s been a little while since we last heard from you I thought I’d check in to see how you’re going?

If you’re still looking for some further assistance with this issue then please feel free to reopen the thread or of course for any new and related issues you are most welcome to open a new thread.

Thanks.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.