Problems with eNewsletters, using wp roles and is the preview working

Hi Guys,

I'm using PMPro as a membership system and I need to integrate a newsletter system, to do this I've set up wp roles so that we can direct emails to those roles for members.

What I don't see in your system is how to select the roles attached to the newsletter groups or lists.

But I've a feeling I've a buggy version, the preview page is blank.

• Jude
    • DEV MAN

Hi there David

Hope you are keeping well !

Did a bit of digging in the code base and these are the permissions that I could find.

create_newsletter_group
    edit_newsletter_group
    delete_newsletter_group

add_newsletter_member
    edit_newsletter_member
    delete_newsletter_member

LMK if add these to the role fixes it for you.

Cheers
    Jude

• David
    • Flash Drive

Hi Jude,

That's not really the problem, I need one mailing list to go to the following WP Roles:

Full
    Corporate
    Student (Pay by Cheque/Bank Transfer)
    Full (Pay by Cheque/Bank Transfer)
    Corporate (Pay by Cheque/Bank Transfer)

• Jude
    • DEV MAN

Hi again David sorry about that , I thought you wanted to assign permissions to specific roles.

Looks like you are after role based groups / lists. This is not currently possible out of the box because of the way the plugin is built. That said I am marking a feature request on this and we can consider it depending on how many other members request something similar.

You may want to consider having it custom developed if its critical to your project.

Cheers
    Jude

• David
    • Flash Drive

Hi Jude,

one of the main features listed on the plugins main page is this

Send newsletters to all subscribers, a group or a specific WordPress role

I need to be able to do exactly that, send to a specific Wordpress Role, so is this just not possible?

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey David, Michael here! :slight_smile:

Send newsletters to all subscribers, a group or a specific WordPress role

I need to be able to do exactly that, send to a specific Wordpress Role, so is this just not possible?

It's possible when it comes time to send out a newsletter, like this (this comes up after you click on the "Send" button for a newsletter):

But member groups consist of users on your site, regardless of role (it'd depend on who's added to what group).

In regards to the preview not working, I'm not seeing that Support Access is enabled to your site (perhaps it expired in the meantime?), but I've not been able to reproduce this over on my own test site, the preview's working for me.

It's possible that there's a conflict taking place, I'd advise going through our troubleshooting flowchart, available at the bottom of our Getting Support page:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

And in case I need to have a look, could you please enable Support Access to your site?

Thanks in advance! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• David
    • Flash Drive

Ok, based on your screen I have what I need.

I've attached a screen grab of what I see in preview, you'll see two issues, the X-close button is hidden by the search and the preview is not working.

The WPMU dashboard is activated, do you need any other access to see this?

David

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey David,

I'm not seeing that Support Access is enabled presently, could you instead send in the following via our secure contact form:

- Mark to my attention, the subject line should contain only: ATTN: Michael Bissett
    - Do not include anything else in the subject line, doing so may delay our response due to how email filtering works.
    - Link back to this thread
    - Include WordPress admin access details (login address, username & password)
    - Include any relevant URLs for your site

IMPORTANT: Please make sure you select "I have a different question" for your topic, so it doesn't go back to the forums - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Kind Regards,
    Michael

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.