Problems with german umlauts (ä, ü, ö), links and the menu

Hallo,
i love upfront and the spirit theme, but i have some small problems:

1. On the frontpage there is always a link on the logo-graphic, the option "no link" does not work.

2. The same happens with buttons. The option "no link" works, but after saving a link appears. please take a look here: http://macamoca.de/kontakt-impressum-agb/

3. The german umlauts ä, ö, ü and some special characters are not showing correctly. it seems that this happens when i add css-code and only on this site: http://macamoca.de/kontakt-impressum-agb/

4. Is there a chance to highlight the top-menu item when you are on a sub-menu page?
please see the screenshot, i don't know how to proper explain this.

i hope you can help me, thank you in advance

rüdiger

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Rüdiger,

1. On the frontpage there is always a link on the logo-graphic, the option "no link" does not work.

Yes, I can confirm this is not working on your site and also I replicate this on my lab site. I will flag theme developer about this issue.

3. The german umlauts ä, ö, ü and some special characters are not showing correctly.

I can confirm issue with umlauts on your site, but I tried this on my test website and characters were save and display properly.
    What kind of CSS code do you added to this page?

4. Is there a chance to highlight the top-menu item when you are on a sub-menu page?

It would require adding some additional CSS, because there is no classes for parent pages in the menu:

.page-id-1314 li#menu-item-476 a {background: #548685;
    color: #FFF;}

and this would need to be repeated with all the pages of the down menu, so you need to change the page id in ".page-id-1314"

Kind regards,
    Kasia

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Rüdiger,

If you remove that CSS code, does the umlauts work? Because I tired to add this code to my site and the signs were still working.
    Is this all additional code?

I understand the procedure of the css code you provided, but it seems to have no effect.
    can you tell me where i have to insert this code ( i tried to insert it in the css for the top-menu)?

You add this to the global styles of the theme. Please see the screen - add code at the bottom of field with styles.

Kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.