Problems with many of the themes.

All of the themes that I've gotten from you fail the theme-check plugin tests. This is not what I expected from themes that I paid for, nor do I want to go in and fix all of them. Do you plan on having them validate?

• Barry

Hi, do you want to give us the details of one or two of the themes?

I'm not a theme dev, but I do know that a *lot* of themes fail the wp.org theme-test tests, some because they just don't fit the "mould" that wp.org would like themes to fit into (e.g. just blogging) - an example would be not having a call to comments_template() on every page. Well, some themes are for business use and don't have or want comments on anything other than the blog part, so would quite rightly fail the theme-test.

• Tammie

As Barry rightly said we need to know which themes. Also the test to go by is the wpdebug not theme check one. Just because ours are BuddyPress themes they will fail on some respects the theme check plugin. That is all being resolved with a vast array of improvements come 1.3 BuddyPress though.

If you can let us know which themes and what test you are using then we can investigate further. Several of our themes lately went through the WPDEBUG true test and passed so we're always looking to improve as proven by time taken to do that.

• Meredith Lesly

Here are the condensed results from WPMU Nelo. I've omitted duplicates and specific instances.

REQUIRED: No content width has been defined. Example:
    if ( ! isset( $content_width ) ) $content_width = 900;
    REQUIRED: Could not find language_attributes. See: language_attributes
    <html <?php language_attributes(); ?>
    REQUIRED: Could not find comment_form\. See: comment_form
    <?php comment_form(); ?>
    REQUIRED: Could not find add_theme_support( 'automatic-feed-links' ). See: add_theme_support
    <?php add_theme_support( $feature ); ?>
    REQUIRED: wp_specialchars found in the file widgets-functions.php. Deprecated since version 2.8. Use esc_html() instead.
    REQUIRED: get_settings found in the file profiles.php. Deprecated since version 2.1. Use get_option()

instead.
    REQUIRED: get_bloginfo('home') was found in the file sidebar.php. Use get_bloginfo( 'url' ) instead.
    REQUIRED: attribute_escape found in the file widgets-functions.php. Deprecated since version 2.8. Use esc_attr() instead.
    REQUIRED: License: is missing from your style.css header.
    REQUIRED: License URI: is missing from your style.css header.
    REQUIRED: .gallery-caption css class is needed in your theme css.
    RECOMMENDED: The CSS is missing the .sticky class.
    RECOMMENDED: Text domain problems in sidebar.php. You have not included a text domain!
    RECOMMENDED: No reference to add_editor_style() was found in the theme. It is recommended that the theme implement editor styling, so as to make the editor content match the resulting post output in the theme, for a better user experience.
    RECOMMENDED: get_bloginfo('wpurl') was found in the file functions.php. Use site_url() instead.
    RECOMMENDED: get_bloginfo('template_directory') was found in the file profiles.php. Use get_template_directory_uri() instead.
    RECOMMENDED: bloginfo('stylesheet_directory') was found in the file header.php. Use get_stylesheet_directory_uri() instead.
    INFO: single.php The theme appears to use include or require. If these are being used to include separate sections of a template from independent files, then get_template_part() should be used instead.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.